Re: Midweek

Apparently the FA have sent all Clubs a warning that they have to play next weeks 3rd round fixture or risk forfeiting the tie.
Fairly clear warning there I think, where apparently the next round set for the 23rd January is the driver behind this uncompromising assertiveness.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Apparently the FA have sent all Clubs a warning that they have to play next weeks 3rd round fixture or risk forfeiting the tie.
Fairly clear warning there I think, where apparently the next round set for the 23rd January is the driver behind this uncompromising assertiveness.
If this were true it would have been reported or at least on the FA website?

Willthiswork wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Apparently the FA have sent all Clubs a warning that they have to play next weeks 3rd round fixture or risk forfeiting the tie.
[/quote

Here we go

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -told.html

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
[/quote

Here we go

I thought you meant due to weather issues not COVID issues...

Willthiswork wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
[/quote

Here we go

Apologies for the confusion, but thinking about it, as replays are not permitted how much latitude due you think Clubs will be given for other factors giving rise to postponements?

Willthiswork wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
[/quote

Here we go

You are beginning to look a bit silly. Whilst the difficulties may have been caused by Covid it seems to me the letter speaks generally of games being postponed and that these postponements might not be tolerated.

So we know now that a) the football authorities have this season kicked teams out of cup competitions for being unable to play and that b) the FA have written a 'or else' letter to clubs.

Whilst I still think such a sanction far less likely than no sanction to contemplate the mere possibility of such a sanction being 'rubbish' strikes me as a tad premature on your part.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
[/quote

Here we go

You are beginning to look a bit silly. Whilst the difficulties may have been caused by Covid it seems to me the letter speaks generally of games being postponed and that these postponements might not be tolerated.

So we know now that a) the football authorities have this season kicked teams out of cup competitions for being unable to play and that b) the FA have written a 'or else' letter to clubs.

Whilst I still think such a sanction far less likely than no sanction to contemplate the mere possibility of such a sanction being 'rubbish' strikes me as a tad premature on your part.
More speculation by you. The article clearly states it as a Covid issue, nothing - at all - to do with postponements due to weather issues.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
[/quote

Here we go

More speculation by you. The article clearly states it as a Covid issue, nothing - at all - to do with postponements due to weather issues.
You are wrong.

I quote. 'While we recognise the difficulties presented by Covid19 to clubs, unfortunately, there is limited scope for a fixture to be rescheduled prior to the date of the next round.'

Unless you believe that somehow it will be possible to reschedule games more easily if the pitch is unfit due to weather as opposed to the players being unfit due to the virus, the letter can only be read as get the games played in this window or else.

I am still of the view view that it is unlikely that the drastic step of expelling County if Rodney Parade remains unplayable. But I don't think that considering it to be a possibility is rubbish.

By the way why was the stadium discussion group thread taken down?

A possible difference between a Covid postponement and a weather postponement would be that a Covid outbreak may not be resolved within the window of opportunity to play the match, whereas the weather might change for the better from one week to the next. Time is tight between these two rounds of the cup, however.

excessbee wrote:A possible difference between a Covid postponement and a weather postponement would be that a Covid outbreak may not be resolved within the window of opportunity to play the match, whereas the weather might change for the better from one week to the next. Time is tight between these two rounds of the cup, however.
That may be right
Let us assume it is. Given the state of the Rodney Parade pitch and the propensity for bad weather in January I wouldn't count on it.

So Brighton and other Premier/Championship sides can have a covid outbreak and play their youth/reserve teams, but the smaller teams like us would have to call the game off due to contact with any positive test players.(I assume all registered players we have for league games train together)

If this is the case why have premier league games been called off (Fulham etc.) If they can use youth team players in the cups, then they can use them in the league.

ghosty wrote:So Brighton and other Premier/Championship sides can have a covid outbreak and play their youth/reserve teams, but the smaller teams like us would have to call the game off due to contact with any positive test players.(I assume all registered players we have for league games train together)

If this is the case why have premier league games been called off (Fulham etc.) If they can use youth team players in the cups, then they can use them in the league.
Don't they have to register a PL 'squad'?

Well, we may be about to see if the FA will expel or allow a rearrangement. Derby (playing Chorley in the Cup) have closed their training ground after several players and staff have tested positive.

Edit: Cancel that thought. Derby would just put out a development squad/team to fulfill their obligation. The real test would be if it were the other way around. Chorley would not have the numbers.
Last edited by excessbee on January 5th, 2021, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.