Promotion - This Season or Next

If you could choose would you prefer promotion this season or next season? I say this because if we go up this season part of me would be gutted that I wasn't able to see a single game in the flesh (assuming that the ban on spectators in Wales will continue for the rest of the season). We've not be able to see players like Twine or Cooper, or Dolan playing in his new role.

Of course we can't choose, and next season the team may not be as good as this season, but I'd love to be at another "Walsall" to cheer on the County to the third division again.

Re: Promotion - This Season or Next

We need to rack up as many points as possible as quickly as possible (and these postponements aren't helping) because I think there's a 50/50 chance this season will be ended early again because of the pandemic. Compulsory weekly testing is introduced in the EFL from Monday and, as we've seen in the PL, players will start dropping like flies.

So, promotion either merited or through PPG this season please. Separately, there are no other really strong teams in Lge2 we should be scared of, it's all a bit mediocre this year.

lowandhard wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Both... :cheers:
:lol: Absolutely you just take each and every opportunity afforded you, with promotion you can’t pick and choose.
Of course you are right Mike but I think that the question was put in the sense of if you could choose. If I'm right, if assured of promotion in season 21/22 I would gladly sacrifice promotion this season.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Both... :cheers:
:lol: Absolutely you just take each and every opportunity afforded you, with promotion you can’t pick and choose.
Of course you are right Mike but I think that the question was put in the sense of if you could choose. If I'm right, if assured of promotion in season 21/22 I would gladly sacrifice promotion this season.
Yes you're right Brendan. If we go up this season I will have very mixed feelings. An amazing achievement, but all done behind closed doors!

Special branch wrote:Promotion this season definitely. Then,hopefully we can enjoy League 1
I'd be in this camp. In some ways it makes little difference - either scenario will possibly mean a major restructuring of the squad, but promotion this season could mean that some players that will be able to operate at the higher level will sign again to continue on the journey.

The business that County do in the January window may indicate whether the County board want promotion this season or not...