Re: HOW WILL WE FAIR IN PART 2 OF THE SEASON

papajohn wrote:Interesting question this and with Cooper,Twine, Janneh, Devitt, Webb and Aaron Lewis all subject to a possible recall to parent clubs this month it remains to be seen how it might leave the squad looking. Time will tell I suppose. But good question.
Dont think cooper will be re called, lewis webb and janneh dont offer us anything we hav'nt already got so no great loss, but if twine goes i hope flynny can keep hold of devitt as he is a natural replacement, but we will have to bring in another AM and 2 strikers i would be prepared to bite my tongue and bring in ched evans on a short term contract his goals would be the difference in us getting promoted or not.

I think we will have a more realistic idea at the end of the transfer window. How many will be recalled? Haven’t heard any rumours yet. We need to get some good results in whilst these players are with us. How will our rivals strengthen?

Don’t think it will be automatic promotion but you never know. Play offs? Wembley again maybe. I’m just trying to enjoy the fact that we are top on NYD. Long may it last. Got to get some more wins soon though.

Edit. Damn, just saw the news about Twine. I think the odds for promotion just lengthened.
Last edited by pembsexile on January 1st, 2021, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On one hand we’ve had a tricky patch but we’re still top.

On the other hand our cushion of points has gone and we could easily drop out of the automatic places quite quickly.

On my third hand I don’t see any outstanding sides in the division so why not us in the top 3 come the end.

With Twine gone I hope Devitt can be a decent replacement. If only we could find a 20 goal striker then I would be much more confident!