Re: Townsend or King?

Exile 1976 wrote:If Townsend is injured and King comes in and plays well then he should keep his place until he no longer deserves it.
Both are fine keepers. As Exile says King has the shirt and to take it off him when he played superbly off the bench could affect his confidence and make him a less fine keeper. It's his shirt until he f*cks it up...

wattsville_boy wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:If Townsend is injured and King comes in and plays well then he should keep his place until he no longer deserves it.
Both are fine keepers. As Exile says King has the shirt and to take it off him when he played superbly off the bench could affect his confidence and make him a less fine keeper. It's his shirt until he f*cks it up...
In this instance,King didn’t play well as he had nothing to do,you or I could have played at Crawley and the result would have been the same.

Percy plunkett wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
In this instance,King didn’t play well as he had nothing to do,you or I could have played at Crawley and the result would have been the same.
Agree, if King touched the ball at all it was only fleetingly to take a goal kick or similar. Don’t recall him having to make a save though perhaps I could have missed that if I was making a drink.