Slaven Bilic

The Albion have just sacked him,he gets them back to the Premiership at the first attempt.They just managed a draw at Man C yesterday,not sure what the chairman expects,the bookies had them as relegation candidates before the season started.Allardyce appointed so a return to direct long ball stuff.

Re: Slaven Bilic

Percy plunkett wrote:The Albion have just sacked him,he gets them back to the Premiership at the first attempt.They just managed a draw at Man C yesterday,not sure what the chairman expects,the bookies had them as relegation candidates before the season started.Allardyce appointed so a return to direct long ball stuff.

Ask yourself a series of questions and what the chairman thinks is quite obvious.

Is being in the Premier League a massive financial advantage?

Is football for those who control the game a ruthless dog eat dog business?

If the answer to those two questions is yes then you don't need to ask about entertainment for the fans/customers. You certainly don't have to think about loyalty to employees. There is only one question.

Leaving aside everything else, if I fire Bilic and appoint Allardyce are WBA less likely to be relegated?

Now you can argue about whether it was the right decision but with a little thought the chairman's thinking is pretty obvious I would have thought.

Re: Slaven Bilic

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The Albion have just sacked him,he gets them back to the Premiership at the first attempt.They just managed a draw at Man C yesterday,not sure what the chairman expects,the bookies had them as relegation candidates before the season started.Allardyce appointed so a return to direct long ball stuff.

Ask yourself a series of questions and what the chairman thinks is quite obvious.

Is being in the Premier League a massive financial advantage?

Is football for those who control the game a ruthless dog eat dog business?

If the answer to those two questions is yes then you don't need to ask about entertainment for the fans/customers. You certainly don't have to think about loyalty to employees. There is only one question.

Leaving aside everything else, if I fire Bilic and appoint Allardyce are WBA less likely to be relegated?

Now you can argue about whether it was the right decision but with a little thought the chairman's thinking is pretty obvious I would have thought.
Do you think? I thought so! :wink: