Fouls

As G.S-B interestingly points out in Grandstand....27 fouls by Salford...that is an horrendous amount..
I regularly look at the stats to get an idea of how a match is panning out...That amount says plenty about Wellens
I would be intrigued to hear what people think on how matches could be cleaned up?
20 fouls yellow card to manager/captain. 25 fouls Red manager/ captain?
Would be a brave innovation but coul lead to some better quality games

Re: Fouls

excessbee wrote:The smarter teams will make sure the job of committing fouls to disrupt the play is shared around. Persistent fouling (by the same player) gets a yellow card. No need for a change in the rules.
Yep we do it ourselves taking one for the team etc

UPTHEPORT wrote:One man's foul is another man's hard tackle
When a County player hits the deck it is because a cheating scumbag from the opposition has kicked him. When an opposition player hits the deck it is because he is a cheating diving scumbag.

When I was nine I genuinely believed that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
When a County player hits the deck it is because a cheating scumbag from the opposition has kicked him. When an opposition player hits the deck it is because he is a cheating diving scumbag.

It's true :grin:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

It's true :grin:
You’re both right of course and Salford’s 27 were as far as I could see directed at Twine and Sheehan in order to disrupt any forward flow to disrupt any rhythm. That’s what professionals do, it’s not pretty sometimes. Good referees keep a mental note and start carding the persistent ones but as has been pointed out those teams with any sense share the skulduggery about.
Norm’s suggestion may not be the solution but I certainly share his frustration with petty infringements that spoil the flow of games. Some ingenuity will be required to curb this behaviour but it’s not a solution I can come up with an answer to. Answers on a postcard eh?

Fouls in our 20/21 EFL2 games below (Newport figure first):

Scunthorpe (A) 12 - 11
Barrow (H) 14 - 17
Bolton (A) 12 - 10
Mansfield (H) 9 - 14
Cambridge (A) 10 - 22
Tranmere (H) 12 - 17
Stevenage (A) 13 - 22
Bradford (A) 12 - 15
Colchester (H) 6 - 13
Harrogate (H) 9 - 14
Carlisle (A) 9 - 17
Port Vale (H) 7 - 19
Walsall (H) 14 - 18
FGR (A) 15 - 18
Morecambe (H) 10 - 14
Grimsby (A) 7 - 20
Orient (A) 13 - 16
Salford (A) 10 - 27
Average 10.8 - 16.9 so on average we commit 11 to oppo's 17 fouls per game, give or take.
Total 194 - 304

Salford with 27 have comfortably committed most fouls in league games against us so far.

We sit 9th in the EFL2 Fairplay table, compared to Salford in 18th.