Re: Grandstand: Salford v Exiles

Don't forget we've played more games than anyone else in the division. 4th round of league cup and still in FA Cup. We've also played 10 away and 8 at home in the league so far, with 4 out of next 5 at home coming up. Good to see Collins back today - did well.
Great point tonight which we deserved. 4 points from 3 tough away games in a week. Da iawn lads.

One small complaint,Longe King is on the bench ahead of Howkins and Webb so Flynny should show more faith in him.Dolan goes off so rather than lose Benno from the midfield battle to bring on Robbie who,loses his man at the corner for the goal and gives away a penalty.I know hindsight is great but,would Longe King have out muscled their guy for the goal?,keep the same shape and don’t complicate I say.

Snowman wrote:Wellens does likes a good moan.

I thought we deserved a point tonight. We hit the post twice and had one kicked off the line. He conveniently left those details out
True, unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, they need as many chances as us to score. The result could have been anything you could think of tonight - apart from a low-scoring draw. Townsend stopped about 5 of theirs, we managed as usual to hit everything except the net. The finishing for us was the usual trial of incompetence, we hit the post twice that I remember and Twine, Abrahams and Cooper all failed to score when well placed.

George Street-Bridge wrote:One of the best keeping performances I can remember. If Wellens's team is so good, why did they need to commit 27 fouls?
Agree about the 'keepers performance. Often thought that an error made by many is to equate a great goalkeeping performance with bad luck for the opposition. The goalkeeper is as intrinsic part of the team. No manager would say after a 3-0 defeat 'We were unlucky their centre forward played a blinder'.