Re: Grandstand. Leyton Orient (The Justin Edinburgh Derby)

Time for calm reflection and analysis I feel rather than a post-mortem. Still top. Despite being outplayed for most of the 2nd half thought both their goals came from them getting the bounce of the ball rather than them creating the chances.
Still a very long way to go yet and as Sheehan fell a little below his usual very high standards today, and although it will probably seen as sacrilege to many, feel he is in need of a rest and would put him on the bench Tues. Both he and Cooper played during the international break when others had some rest. Would therefore gradually introduce Longe-King to give him some game time to see if he has what it takes at this level, and give Cooper some respite also.
Thought Lewis did OK today for his first game, although Baker doesn't seem to have had many opportunities. However Haynes' groin may have loosened by Tues?
1st half especially, thought Amond and Proctor looked our best pairing up front; albeit having to accept they are both short of pace.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Time for calm reflection and analysis I feel rather than a post-mortem. Still top. Despite being outplayed for most of the 2nd half thought both their goals came from them getting the bounce of the ball rather than them creating the chances.
Still a very long way to go yet and as Sheehan fell a little below his usual very high standards today, and although it will probably seen as sacrilege to many, feel he is in need of a rest and would put him on the bench Tues. Both he and Cooper played during the international break when others had some rest. Would therefore gradually introduce Longe-King to give him some game time to see if he has what it takes at this level, and give Cooper some respite also.
Thought Lewis did OK today for his first game, although Baker doesn't seem to have had many opportunities. However Haynes' groin may have loosened by Tues?
1st half especially, thought Amond and Proctor looked our best pairing up front; albeit having to accept they are both short of pace.
Yes agree with all that. We did lack pace and despite not getting the rub of the green in decisions or bounces, I felt there were some really poor performances and we got what was coming. Salford away is going to be a toughie, if some need a rest this is the time and ffs County when we make those chances ffs take some of them.

Can't really have any complaints about the result after the second half performance. It will be interesting to compare the win ratios achieved by home teams with/without fans. I assume the issue with the ball used for throw ins is a Covid issue, but it only seemed to be a problem late in the game, almost as if someone had belatedly informed the ref of something he hadn't been doing for 75 minutes.

excessbee wrote:Can't really have any complaints about the result after the second half performance. It will be interesting to compare the win ratios achieved by home teams with/without fans. I assume the issue with the ball used for throw ins is a Covid issue, but it only seemed to be a problem late in the game, almost as if someone had belatedly informed the ref of something he hadn't been doing for 75 minutes.
Isn't it someones job to make sure newly sanitised balls are available in all areas around the pitch. Suspect that Orient were less 'on the ball' once they took the lead.