Re: Jordan Slew Banned

SULLY34 wrote:Slew has been banned for 3 games after admitting violent conduct against Newport County that wasn't picked up during the game.
That doesn't happen very often. Was that the incident in the second half that caused a number of our players to get worked up, while the ref was sorting out another foul about twenty yards away?

excessbee wrote:So he admitted violent conduct but thinks the three game punishment was excessive. How does that work? "Good afternoon Mr Slew. You've admitted your guilt, now, what suspension would you like?"
Presumably because he feels that whatever mitigation he put forward was not adequately addressed. A full unprovoked elbow to the face is violent conduct, as is an instant reaction to being constantly kicked. But both do not merit te same sanction. Please don't infer that I make any comment on the veracity of Mr Slew's claim, I merely explain what his argument might have been.

There doesn't seem to be any suggestion that Newport County in any way triggered the ban. Can't say I've ever heard of that situation arising before. I'm assuming the referee can refer it to the FA if he thinks something dodgy happened but none of his team saw it. When retrospective punishment has been meted out in the past it has been subject to TV scrutiny and discussion.

Copied this from the Morecambe message board......

DA says Jordan was provoked by a Newport player but only the reaction(an elbow to the stomach) was caught on camera. The Ref put it in his report despite none of the officials seeing it.

..... Well, players are regularly provoking eachother. If the reaction was caught on camera, then guilty as charged. Adams doesn't say what the provocation was. If it was something serious I suspect there would be more indignation from the Morecambe camp.

excessbee wrote:Copied this from the Morecambe message board......

DA says Jordan was provoked by a Newport player but only the reaction(an elbow to the stomach) was caught on camera. The Ref put it in his report despite none of the officials seeing it.

..... Well, players are regularly provoking eachother. If the reaction was caught on camera, then guilty as charged. Adams doesn't say what the provocation was. If it was something serious I suspect there would be more indignation from the Morecambe camp.
You asked what the defence was. I correctly worked out what it was. As I said I have no idea as to the veracity of the claim, We know he was guilty, because he admitted it. As for how accurate or otherwise you and I have no idea.