Re: Brighton on TV

wattsville_boy wrote:It can only be good news. And I assume that all FA Cup games will be shown live whilst the UK (or constituant parts of it) remain in lockdown, so could be on-going good news for the smaller clubs throughout their progress in the FA Cup this season.
Was we live in the last round, only asking because the beeb showed 8 games live on iplayer on the sunday, wasn't ours on ifollow only

daftasfxxx wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:It can only be good news. And I assume that all FA Cup games will be shown live whilst the UK (or constituant parts of it) remain in lockdown, so could be on-going good news for the smaller clubs throughout their progress in the FA Cup this season.
Was we live in the last round, only asking because the beeb showed 8 games live on iplayer on the sunday, wasn't ours on ifollow only
They only covered the Sunday games on iPlayer or BBC Sport website I believe.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote: Just Google "BT Sport live stream" on the day of the game and watch it for nothing like everyone else does.
If others want to do that, it's a matter for them. I certainly won't be breaking the law if there's perfectly good commentary available for the bargain price of the licence fee via BBC Radio Wales.

Obviously it's very strange times at the moment, so I can see why the FA want to maximise exposure and gets fans to shell out to watch on a telly or laptop if they can't get to the game. But I do worry that the genie is out of the bottle now and people will expect this to be an option in future (post-COVID) seasons, to the detriment of clubs who rely on punters coming through the turnstiles.
I imagine you will be right. I would certainly welcome the option being available, even if the price was a bit higher.

As a father of 4 kids, it isn't always practical to spend 4 or 5 hours out of the house with my only child who enjoys the matches. Being able to compromise with the other half and still be able to watch the games whilst being at home is something I would personally take advantage of from time to time if possible.

If you can bring in another 50 grand a season for no additional outlay, I'd be amazed if clubs didn't offer it. I can't see it will prove particularly detrimental to attendances myself, it would just give people who otherwise wouldn't be attending the option to watch (elderly people in winter, players who play Saturday mornings, people who can't always get a pass for a whole afternoon or day).

rncfc wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote: Just Google "BT Sport live stream" on the day of the game and watch it for nothing like everyone else does.
If others want to do that, it's a matter for them. I certainly won't be breaking the law if there's perfectly good commentary available for the bargain price of the licence fee via BBC Radio Wales.

Obviously it's very strange times at the moment, so I can see why the FA want to maximise exposure and gets fans to shell out to watch on a telly or laptop if they can't get to the game. But I do worry that the genie is out of the bottle now and people will expect this to be an option in future (post-COVID) seasons, to the detriment of clubs who rely on punters coming through the turnstiles.
I imagine you will be right. I would certainly welcome the option being available, even if the price was a bit higher.

As a father of 4 kids, it isn't always practical to spend 4 or 5 hours out of the house with my only child who enjoys the matches. Being able to compromise with the other half and still be able to watch the games whilst being at home is something I would personally take advantage of from time to time if possible.

If you can bring in another 50 grand a season for no additional outlay, I'd be amazed if clubs didn't offer it. I can't see it will prove particularly detrimental to attendances myself, it would just give people who otherwise wouldn't be attending the option to watch (elderly people in winter, players who play Saturday mornings, people who can't always get a pass for a whole afternoon or day).
I think that's right.

I will still come over to watch County a few times a season but would gladly, and do gladly, pay to watch live games when I'm not. And this because nothing compares to being at a game but live screening beats radio.

lowandhard wrote:Can somebody sum up for an idiot like me please. This is the question, if I don’t subscribe to BT Sport or receive it via VM, is there a way to watch this game?
As I said earlier in thread Mike sometimes BT put it out via the YouTube channel otherwise you will have to subscribe to BT

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Can somebody sum up for an idiot like me please. This is the question, if I don’t subscribe to BT Sport or receive it via VM, is there a way to watch this game?
As I said earlier in thread Mike sometimes BT put it out via the YouTube channel otherwise you will have to subscribe to BT
Thanks for that concise reply, I’ll be searching YouTube then. If on the day anybody finds a link, it might be an idea to post it on the Grandstand Thread. Here’s hoping.

lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Thanks for that concise reply, I’ll be searching YouTube then. If on the day anybody finds a link, it might be an idea to post it on the Grandstand Thread. Here’s hoping.
If I can work out how to do it Mike I've got virgin go which means you can watch it on a laptop or tablet your welcome to use mine I can watch on my TV