Re: Brighton on TV

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
faerun exile wrote:7.45pm Sunday 10 January live on BT Sport.
Not proper telly, is it.
Not if you pressed the "pause life" button in 1995.
Only small minority of the population subscribe to BT Sports. I don’t think that’s a particularly controversial statement. Hopefully it’ll be on the wireless for the rest of us!
I think I read that all cup ties are screened live for first time

All 32 3rd round FA Cup games will be broadcast live.

8 go to the BBC. 3 will be shown live on BBC 1. A further 5 will be shown on BBC iplayer and the BBC Sport website.

BT will be showing 16 games. County is amongst them. 5 are on tv, 11 are online.

The last 8 will be shown on FA player. I assume this is a variation of efl iplayer but I am not sure.

pembsexile wrote:All 32 3rd round FA Cup games will be broadcast live.

8 go to the BBC. 3 will be shown live on BBC 1. A further 5 will be shown on BBC iplayer and the BBC Sport website.

BT will be showing 16 games. County is amongst them. 5 are on tv, 11 are online.

The last 8 will be shown on FA player. I assume this is a variation of efl iplayer but I am not sure.
All free to view is that correct

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:All 32 3rd round FA Cup games will be broadcast live.

All free to view is that correct
BBC is. BT Sport is a subscription service. No idea if they are waving subscriptions for this round. No idea about FA player. Never heard of it before.

Just stating that they will all be broadcast live.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
faerun exile wrote:7.45pm Sunday 10 January live on BT Sport.
Not proper telly, is it.
Not if you pressed the "pause life" button in 1995.
Only small minority of the population subscribe to BT Sports. I don’t think that’s a particularly controversial statement. Hopefully it’ll be on the wireless for the rest of us!
Just Google "BT Sport live stream" on the day of the game and watch it for nothing like everyone else does.

rncfc wrote: Just Google "BT Sport live stream" on the day of the game and watch it for nothing like everyone else does.
If others want to do that, it's a matter for them. I certainly won't be breaking the law if there's perfectly good commentary available for the bargain price of the licence fee via BBC Radio Wales.

Obviously it's very strange times at the moment, so I can see why the FA want to maximise exposure and gets fans to shell out to watch on a telly or laptop if they can't get to the game. But I do worry that the genie is out of the bottle now and people will expect this to be an option in future (post-COVID) seasons, to the detriment of clubs who rely on punters coming through the turnstiles.

I doubt it the armchair crew will continue to warm their bums at home, and the fans will be itching to get back to the grounds the same as before.

It's nice to have the option of away games but we could watch the midweek games for a tenner before, it's only the Saturday games that's new.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote: Just Google "BT Sport live stream" on the day of the game and watch it for nothing like everyone else does.
If others want to do that, it's a matter for them. I certainly won't be breaking the law if there's perfectly good commentary available for the bargain price of the licence fee via BBC Radio Wales.

Obviously it's very strange times at the moment, so I can see why the FA want to maximise exposure and gets fans to shell out to watch on a telly or laptop if they can't get to the game. But I do worry that the genie is out of the bottle now and people will expect this to be an option in future (post-COVID) seasons, to the detriment of clubs who rely on punters coming through the turnstiles.
BT are pretty good to be honest they stream on YouTube a lot as well better than sky