Re: Grandstand: Grimsby v Exiles

Percy plunkett wrote:Bold move to start with Robbie and Kev but I think they are really good impact players so I would go back to the tried and tested back three.Abrahams to start Saturday with Podge,Taylor must be close to being ready now.
Doubt if Kev will start another game for us.
Janneh maybe greedy but a better bet than Tristan.
Cannot remember but have we had Podge & Janneh starting this season?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Bold move to start with Robbie and Kev but I think they are really good impact players so I would go back to the tried and tested back three.Abrahams to start Saturday with Podge,Taylor must be close to being ready now.
Kev isn’t a back to goal winning headers type of player,he is better coming from deeper.I think he could start at LWB if Haynes is doubtful for Saturday.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Kev isn’t a back to goal winning headers type of player,he is better coming from deeper.I think he could start at LWB if Haynes is doubtful for Saturday.
Wing back is not a position for a 41 year old who hasn't played 90 minutes for quite a while. I would give Baker a chance if Haynes unfit, or even Demetriou.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Podge has to be our main striker, just watched highlights....Tristan was no different when he came on. Twine is pure class !

Didn't watch tonight's game. I reckon we are reaping the benefits of a substantial sized squad who are mostly fit to play. I'm sure having a two goal lead was a godsend to Flynn as far as being able to make substitutions to share the physical load, rather than be chasing the match for a late result. Labadie/Bennett being a prime example. The improvement in quality is to be seen in the experience on the substitutes bench.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:As expected Grimsby came out pushing forward 2nd half, but I thought we handed the initiative to them by putting Willmott to left wing back, But hey-ho. Another 3 points and a clean sheet.
I disagree. In fairness I think Flynn has improved as a tactician. Second half County set out to kill the game and in my view did it with a bit to spare.
Did a Mourinho!
Can't disagree with the result, that's for certain. Probably got carried away after the 1st half, and believed we could have pushed on and scored more 2nd half. Obviously I'm getting greedy.