Re: Grandstand: Grimsby v Exiles

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:As expected Grimsby came out pushing forward 2nd half, but I thought we handed the initiative to them by putting Willmott to left wing back, But hey-ho. Another 3 points and a clean sheet.
I disagree. In fairness I think Flynn has improved as a tactician. Second half County set out to kill the game and in my view did it with a bit to spare.
Did a Mourinho!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:As expected Grimsby came out pushing forward 2nd half, but I thought we handed the initiative to them by putting Willmott to left wing back, But hey-ho. Another 3 points and a clean sheet.
I disagree. In fairness I think Flynn has improved as a tactician. Second half County set out to kill the game and in my view did it with a bit to spare.

Agree , when Jose did it against Arsenal on Sunday he was lauded

First half we played a slick quicker passing game and it paid off,second half just saw out the game fairly comfortably.They hit the bar but nothing else really to trouble us.Not sure if Ellison was a success in that formation so would go back with Dolan in a three.If Haynes is unfit,I would play Kev there.Just hope Josh and Twine stay in January.

Brilliant 90 minutes plus performance.
Top of the table quality.
Controlled the game from the first minute.
Mickey was magnificent at the back.
Josh at his best as was Twine.
Haynes unlucky to get pulled as best game this season by a mile.
Kevin looked a bit lost maybe back to late impact player only.
Podge never stopped.
Grimsby tried to play nice football but Nick was up to it with another first class performance.
Tried a Singha lager but not impressed.
Nice G & T to celebrate a cracking win.
Holloway must be getting a bit concerned with his position now after that thumping.
Start of a hard week but what a start.
thought Ref good and playing on a tidy pitch helped us.
Tim must need a visit to specsavers as missed at least 2 yellows but still 100% better than Charlie.
Great to see us getting regular Pens, with Padraig & Matty hopefully guaranteeing a goal each time.
Twine will get called back , Swindon would be nuts not to.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on December 8th, 2020, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superb performance away from home, midweek, when the pressure was on as it was our game in hand.

If anyone still doubts our promotion credentials then I have a feeling they'll be in the minority with even the least optimistic fans surely getting a twinge that this could possibly be a really special year.

Still a way to go but we keep getting the results and putting in assured performances.

Another tough game at Orient Saturday, but winnable if we play like we have done so far.

Keep it up County.

I assumed Haynes was injured so Willmott had to go to LWB surely, and it's in his contract that he has to play at least 2 different positions in each game :lol:

If I'm dreaming don't wake me up. County 4 points clear at the top with more than a third of games played. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Brilliant 90 minutes plus performance.
Top of the table quality.
Controlled the game from the first minute.
Funny that Frank, I agree entirely by the way. Do you think our critics will ever get the point that we simply call things as we see them? No, me neither. Enjoy your G&T think I'll have a nice glass of red plonk.

UTC :cheers:
Spot on mate.
We both clearly know what we are talking about.
Best to ignore the Usual Suspects. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: