3rd round

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

ExiledinLondon

Re: 3rd round

Postby ExiledinLondon » November 30th, 2020, 9:05 am

Not too many non-league sides left to be honest - I know only 20 lower-league or non-league sides actually make round three but I always seem to recall far more getting this far, even though in reality it's probably not the case:

Stockport (NL)
Chorley (NLN)
Marine (Step 4)
Canvey Island (Step 4) or Boreham Wood (NL)

Quite a few L2 sides we could get too:

Stevenage
Tranmere
Crawley
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Mansfield
Exeter
Oldham
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: 3rd round

Postby excessbee » November 30th, 2020, 9:59 am

How many games are televised?
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: 3rd round

Postby faerun exile » November 30th, 2020, 10:56 am

Is the £250k divisional bonus happening this season - anyone know?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: 3rd round

Postby excessbee » November 30th, 2020, 12:10 pm

faerun exile wrote:Is the £250k divisional bonus happening this season - anyone know?


I think it was a one-off and we got lucky. Didn't hear of one last year.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: 3rd round

Postby faerun exile » November 30th, 2020, 2:41 pm

excessbee wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Is the £250k divisional bonus happening this season - anyone know?


I think it was a one-off and we got lucky. Didn't hear of one last year.

It was introduced the season we won it in 18/19. Northampton picked up the £250k bonus last season for EFL2.
User avatar
User

JonD

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: 3rd round

Postby JonD » November 30th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Perhaps it's looking at things through a child's eyes but I used to be so excited watching the third round draw. It was a simple yet dramatic few minutes.

Nowadays I've turned into a right old curmudgeon and despise all the piffle / talking-up. Instead I just check on the web later on to see who's got who.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Re: 3rd round

Postby wattsville_boy » November 30th, 2020, 3:09 pm

faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Is the £250k divisional bonus happening this season - anyone know?


I think it was a one-off and we got lucky. Didn't hear of one last year.

It was introduced the season we won it in 18/19. Northampton picked up the £250k bonus last season for EFL2.


So in theory drawing and beating another League 2 side could be more profitable should the rest fail to progress than a Premiership side on TV that County lose to.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: 3rd round

Postby excessbee » November 30th, 2020, 3:25 pm

That's a long shot. With nine league two teams still in, there ought to be more than one getting to the fourth round, although it seems Northampton were the only team last season. However, if we were, say, one of three who then lost in round four, it would bring in £83k
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Re: 3rd round

Postby Ugo. » November 30th, 2020, 3:25 pm

ExiledinLondon wrote:Not too many non-league sides left to be honest - I know only 20 lower-league or non-league sides actually make round three but I always seem to recall far more getting this far, even though in reality it's probably not the case:

Stockport (NL)
Chorley (NLN)
Marine (Step 4)
Canvey Island (Step 4) or Boreham Wood (NL)

Quite a few L2 sides we could get too:

Stevenage
Tranmere
Crawley
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Mansfield
Exeter
Oldham


Only 2 non league sides have got through to round 3 in the previous 2 years and none the year before that.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: 3rd round

Postby faerun exile » November 30th, 2020, 5:03 pm

excessbee wrote:That's a long shot. With nine league two teams still in, there ought to be more than one getting to the fourth round, although it seems Northampton were the only team last season. However, if we were, say, one of three who then lost in round four, it would bring in £83k

Yep mate but not sure if the bonus is happening this season tho - can’t find any confirmation online. Maybe another pot of football cash hit by Covid.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: 3rd round

Postby excessbee » November 30th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Hmm.... Probably right. Prize money has been slashed this year.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: 3rd round

Postby pembsexile » November 30th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Home to Brighton. 11 Jan. No disrespect, but, of all the Premiership teams, they are the least glamorous.
no avatar
User

Snowman

Re: 3rd round

Postby Snowman » November 30th, 2020, 7:30 pm

The return of Ben White
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: 3rd round

Postby Blackandamber » November 30th, 2020, 7:36 pm

pembsexile wrote:Home to Brighton. 11 Jan. No disrespect, but, of all the Premiership teams, they are the least glamorous.


That just shows how far we've come under Mike Flynn that you are disappointed about a home draw against a Premier League side.

With 4 balls left I was fearing a much worse draw.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: 3rd round

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 30th, 2020, 7:37 pm

pembsexile wrote:Home to Brighton. 11 Jan. No disrespect, but, of all the Premiership teams, they are the least glamorous.


Yep but winnable and could be on TV
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberandy, Madhatter, Melling's equaliser, Roman46

Powered by phpBB ®