Ellison (No votes)
Willmott (No votes)
Proctor
Total votes: 5 (15%)
Amond
Total votes: 3 (9%)
Total votes: 33

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Percy plunkett wrote:I have liked Proctor with his hold up play bringing players into play but,today he was poor although he got his first goal,funny old game.
I think more work is needed on team formation / player instruction to make more of the knock downs / hold up play that Proctor appears good at. For me too often there is no one for him to pass to, contrast this with midfield / defence where Sheehan and Dolan in particular always appear available.

wattsville_boy wrote:I just hope that if Sheehan does go elsewhere in January (and I still hold out the hope that he'll stay until the end of the season to get a promotion on his CV) that it'll be to a side that plays him every week. Because if he goes and doesn't play then that is a waste of his ability...
I would like him to sign a new contract, stay for the season and get a good move for him and the club in the summer. It would be welcome if he recognised the role we have had in rebuilding his career after injury. If you recall his first season back he was poor, Flynn and his team clearly worked with and supported him, he came back into the team towards the end of the season and has not looked back.
It would be poor if as with Hughes, Butler and Day he allowed his contract to expire to get himself a better deal and leave us high and dry with no fee.

County ranger wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I just hope that if Sheehan does go elsewhere in January (and I still hold out the hope that he'll stay until the end of the season to get a promotion on his CV) that it'll be to a side that plays him every week. Because if he goes and doesn't play then that is a waste of his ability...
I would like him to sign a new contract, stay for the season and get a good move for him and the club in the summer. It would be welcome if he recognised the role we have had in rebuilding his career after injury. If you recall his first season back he was poor, Flynn and his team clearly worked with and supported him, he came back into the team towards the end of the season and has not looked back.
It would be poor if as with Hughes, Butler and Day he allowed his contract to expire to get himself a better deal and leave us high and dry with no fee.

Would love him to but I just can't see him signing a new deal. His stock is as high as it's been and you don't know what's around the corner. Now, do we let him go in January and hopefully get some cash and a sell on fee, or let him run his contract down in the hope we can get promotion?