Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Newport County natter & football chatter.

MOTM

Poll ended at November 29th, 2020, 2:48 pm

King
0
No votes
Cooper
0
No votes
Bennett
0
No votes
Demetriou
0
No votes
Shephard
2
6%
Sheehan
23
70%
Twine
0
No votes
Haynes
0
No votes
Janneh
0
No votes
Devitt
0
No votes
Ellison
0
No votes
Willmott
0
No votes
Proctor
5
15%
Amond
3
9%
 
Total votes : 33
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby County ranger » November 28th, 2020, 6:40 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:I have liked Proctor with his hold up play bringing players into play but,today he was poor although he got his first goal,funny old game.

I think more work is needed on team formation / player instruction to make more of the knock downs / hold up play that Proctor appears good at. For me too often there is no one for him to pass to, contrast this with midfield / defence where Sheehan and Dolan in particular always appear available.
no avatar
User

Coxy

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby Coxy » November 28th, 2020, 6:41 pm

Josh
no avatar
User

rncfc

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby rncfc » November 28th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Who does everyone think Sheehan think will be joining in January? I just hope it's not "them down the road". Back to Swansea would be good, I'd be happy for him if that happened.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby Exile 1976 » November 28th, 2020, 7:36 pm

rncfc wrote:Who does everyone think Sheehan think will be joining in January? I just hope it's not "them down the road". Back to Swansea would be good, I'd be happy for him if that happened.



Bristol City.
User avatar
User

daftasfxxx

Location

Newport

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby daftasfxxx » November 28th, 2020, 9:31 pm

rncfc wrote:Who does everyone think Sheehan think will be joining in January? I just hope it's not "them down the road". Back to Swansea would be good, I'd be happy for him if that happened.

He's off to Wrexham Fact
User avatar
User

ghosty

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby ghosty » November 28th, 2020, 10:56 pm

rncfc wrote:Who does everyone think Sheehan think will be joining in January? I just hope it's not "them down the road". Back to Swansea would be good, I'd be happy for him if that happened.


Those sly feckers Peterborough
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby wattsville_boy » November 29th, 2020, 1:36 am

I just hope that if Sheehan does go elsewhere in January (and I still hold out the hope that he'll stay until the end of the season to get a promotion on his CV) that it'll be to a side that plays him every week. Because if he goes and doesn't play then that is a waste of his ability...
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby County ranger » November 29th, 2020, 9:21 am

wattsville_boy wrote:I just hope that if Sheehan does go elsewhere in January (and I still hold out the hope that he'll stay until the end of the season to get a promotion on his CV) that it'll be to a side that plays him every week. Because if he goes and doesn't play then that is a waste of his ability...

I would like him to sign a new contract, stay for the season and get a good move for him and the club in the summer. It would be welcome if he recognised the role we have had in rebuilding his career after injury. If you recall his first season back he was poor, Flynn and his team clearly worked with and supported him, he came back into the team towards the end of the season and has not looked back.
It would be poor if as with Hughes, Butler and Day he allowed his contract to expire to get himself a better deal and leave us high and dry with no fee.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby Exile 1976 » November 29th, 2020, 9:42 am

County ranger wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I just hope that if Sheehan does go elsewhere in January (and I still hold out the hope that he'll stay until the end of the season to get a promotion on his CV) that it'll be to a side that plays him every week. Because if he goes and doesn't play then that is a waste of his ability...

I would like him to sign a new contract, stay for the season and get a good move for him and the club in the summer. It would be welcome if he recognised the role we have had in rebuilding his career after injury. If you recall his first season back he was poor, Flynn and his team clearly worked with and supported him, he came back into the team towards the end of the season and has not looked back.
It would be poor if as with Hughes, Butler and Day he allowed his contract to expire to get himself a better deal and leave us high and dry with no fee.



Would love him to but I just can't see him signing a new deal. His stock is as high as it's been and you don't know what's around the corner. Now, do we let him go in January and hopefully get some cash and a sell on fee, or let him run his contract down in the hope we can get promotion?
User avatar
User

JonD

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby JonD » November 29th, 2020, 10:30 am

I want the assist for Janneh's goal.

The words "That bloke never does anything" were barely out of my mouth when he began his mazy run.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby Willthiswork » November 29th, 2020, 2:46 pm

JonD wrote:I want the assist for Janneh's goal.

The words "That bloke never does anything" were barely out of my mouth when he began his mazy run.


I'll claim Proctor's assist then as I said similar before.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Man of the Match Salford FA Cup

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 29th, 2020, 3:17 pm

The last 2 posts spot on in both cases.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caradog

Powered by phpBB ®