Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 29th, 2020, 2:20 pm

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Having 29 points gives you nothing other than a better chance of ending the season with a better chance than your opponents of winning the League or avoiding relegation.

Is that really how you see the points tally of the team at the top of the table? Its no wonder you align yourself to the fault line of negativity.

Thankfully I see it as a fantastic achievement in a season of turmoil and uncertainty that hopefully none of us will ever see the like of again.

I'm not wasting any more energy on this issue, let the miserable old spunkers wallow in misery, because if that's what retirement brings - you can shove it !.

No it isn't how I see it. I am merely pointing out the absurdity of your logic.

As for reasoned argument 'old spunkers' wallowing in misery. You really know how to make a complete fool of yourself, don't you?
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » November 29th, 2020, 2:42 pm

As regards the general discontented debate on this board on what is comment and what is negativity and its descent into unnecessary insults and bullying, has the old war broken out again?
Are the two two armies what one side would call themselves proper fans while the opposition would name them “ happy clappers “ and the opposition ( of which I am probably one ) who would call themselves realists but whose critics would label as “ miserable ( old ) b@stards “ ??
I ask because I was called a “ Robbie hater “ elsewhere when nothing could be further from the truth. I just happened to think he is best suited to a limited winger rôle.
I’m wondering if a truce is ever possible with these entrenched positions where one side feels free to criticise or have a contrary opinion to the mainstream while the other sees any such criticism as unforgivable negativity? Answers on a postcard.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 29th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Having 29 points gives you nothing other than a better chance of ending the season with a better chance than your opponents of winning the League or avoiding relegation.

Is that really how you see the points tally of the team at the top of the table? Its no wonder you align yourself to the fault line of negativity.

Thankfully I see it as a fantastic achievement in a season of turmoil and uncertainty that hopefully none of us will ever see the like of again.

I'm not wasting any more energy on this issue, let the miserable old spunkers wallow in misery, because if that's what retirement brings - you can shove it !.

No it isn't how I see it. I am merely pointing out the absurdity of your logic.

As for reasoned argument 'old spunkers' wallowing in misery. You really know how to make a complete fool of yourself, don't you?

Think like you Stan his last sentence says it all.
Wonderful language as always.
Great season so far so no idea where the misery comes in? plus retirement is highly recommended provided you have the finance to enjoy it.
Cheers
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 29th, 2020, 3:15 pm

lowandhard wrote:As regards the general discontented debate on this board on what is comment and what is negativity and its descent into unnecessary insults and bullying, has the old war broken out again?
Are the two two armies what one side would call themselves proper fans while the opposition would name them “ happy clappers “ and the opposition ( of which I am probably one ) who would call themselves realists but whose critics would label as “ miserable ( old ) b@stards “ ??
I ask because I was called a “ Robbie hater “ elsewhere when nothing could be further from the truth. I just happened to think he is best suited to a limited winger rôle.
I’m wondering if a truce is ever possible with these entrenched positions where one side feels free to criticise or have a contrary opinion to the mainstream while the other sees any such criticism as unforgivable negativity? Answers on a postcard.

Well said Sir.
no avatar
User

OLDSTER

Postby OLDSTER » November 29th, 2020, 3:48 pm

neilcork68 wrote:FFS grow up

It's getting like a Primary School playground on here

I joined this forum because I love my club and liked the idea of joining other fans in debating their views of the good and bad points about it, the management and the teams performance not to read page after page of bickering, most threads getting taken over by certain posters and general bitching about each other.
Post, debate, disagree or agree with others, that's great but FFS act like adults.......... PLEASE

I would just like to agree wholeheartedly. As as old County fan who first started following them in the post WW11 period, I had to stop attending matches before crowds were banned, because being in my eighties made it difficult. I hoped this forum would at least provide interesting and entertaining County chat, but I don't come on here very often because of the continual bad manners and bickering.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » November 29th, 2020, 6:24 pm

OLDSTER wrote:

I joined this forum because I love my club and liked the idea of joining other fans in debating their views of the good and bad points about it, the management and the teams performance not to read page after page of bickering, most threads getting taken over by certain posters and general bitching about each other.
Post, debate, disagree or agree with others, that's great but FFS act like adults.......... PLEASE

I would just like to agree wholeheartedly. As as old County fan who first started following them in the post WW11 period, I had to stop attending matches before crowds were banned, because being in my eighties made it difficult. I hoped this forum would at least provide interesting and entertaining County chat, but I don't come on here very often because of the continual bad manners and bickering.

Oldster, when we're allowed back into RP let me accompany you to a game. Can arrange lifts etc
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » November 29th, 2020, 7:30 pm

SULLY34 wrote:
OLDSTER wrote:

Oldster, when we're allowed back into RP let me accompany you to a game. Can arrange lifts etc

That sounds a bit more like it! A bit of brotherly love :grin:
no avatar
User

OLDSTER

Postby OLDSTER » November 29th, 2020, 10:02 pm

SULLY34 wrote:
OLDSTER wrote:

That is a very generous offer and I thank you very much. Whether I could ever take you up on it is a mute point. My mind is still active (I like to think) but the flesh is weak. Mobility problems are challenging, but your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » November 29th, 2020, 10:55 pm

OLDSTER wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
OLDSTER wrote:

That is a very generous offer and I thank you very much. Whether I could ever take you up on it is a mute point. My mind is still active (I like to think) but the flesh is weak. Mobility problems are challenging, but your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

We'll see how you feel when we're allowed back in. Do you have ifollow ? I've got a spare account from my daughter if we could set you up.
no avatar
User

Beechwood Boy

Postby Beechwood Boy » December 1st, 2020, 8:04 am

no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » December 1st, 2020, 2:22 pm

Beechwood Boy wrote:https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/18906863.richie-wellens-questions-newports-promotion-credentials/

:laughing3: :grin: :grin: :grin:

As I have said before; a sad indictment of the all too common coaches/managers in football who lack magnanimity.
His comments are to be chuckled at and filed under irrelevant.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » December 1st, 2020, 5:43 pm

I expect Flynny to pin it up for the players to see,it would extra motivation.
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » December 2nd, 2020, 8:59 pm

Playing a weakened team in the cup to concentrate on the league didn't do a lot for them this evening. No doubt Salford were the better side, the ref was rubbish and Carlisle aren't a promotion contending side.
Previous