Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Exile 1976 » November 29th, 2020, 11:10 am

£15fornonleague?! wrote:Imagine missing the first 20 minutes of a game of a team you support and then comment within 5 minutes how dire and awful we are.
Not the best game on a poor pitch but we come away with the win.
I think not playing in front of fans is helping us as a team at them moment
Bring on the 4th round.




Just typical of that poster. He even has a go at the captain when we lose the coin toss :wink: :lol:
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 29th, 2020, 11:11 am

lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.


You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.


Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.


At least Whoareya mentions a "fair few people" in his comments but again see what Low and Hard states after my reply.
Lets have a sense of perspective please.
Banned? :roll:
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Exile 1976 » November 29th, 2020, 11:19 am

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:I too am getting fed up of some of this constant bickering between certain individuals.
No doubt someone will tell me that I don’t have to read it.
Whilst it’s ok to have opinions about the club, players and team this sort of petty internecine behaviour is not beneficial to anyone.
We are top of the league, had a good run in the league cup and still in The FA Cup.
Well done MF, players and club.


I agree with your comments Mr Ming, all 3 sets of them. Last season, I suggested a certain poster take a self-imposed break from commenting on this forum. They didn't agree and continued to spout bile. I'm now of the option that their comments are not conducive to the good etiquette on this forum and I'm now asking the mods to consider banning this poster for a couple of weeks.

We're top of the league, have s squad with more strength in depth than we've seen for years, in the next round of the cup, defying all pre-season predictions (incl my own) and playing the best football we've seen in literally years. And still he wants to moan. You're a disgrace, and I hope you do the decent thing and give this forum a wide berth before you're banned, for everyone's sake incl your own.



I don't want him banned, I like reading his nonsensical ravings. :lol:
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby whoareya » November 29th, 2020, 11:23 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.


You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.


Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.


At least Whoareya mentions a "fair few people" in his comments but again see what Low and Hard states after my reply.
Lets have a sense of perspective please.
Banned? :roll:


If you look back through the posts around the first half, the people you have compared with have at least mitigated their comments with the hope of improvement, encouragement, or added a bit of dry humour to their comments.

The level of impatient, kneejerk negativity that you post on every game, if we are not smashing teams off the field from the first minute is disproportionate.

We are delivering results that, over 90 minutes, have got us to the top of the league and progressing on yet another cup run.

If you cant see that then there's no point in debating it.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 29th, 2020, 11:58 am

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.


You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.


Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.


At least Whoareya mentions a "fair few people" in his comments but again see what Low and Hard states after my reply.
Lets have a sense of perspective please.
Banned? :roll:


If you look back through the posts around the first half, the people you have compared with have at least mitigated their comments with the hope of improvement, encouragement, or added a bit of dry humour to their comments.

The level of impatient, kneejerk negativity that you post on every game, if we are not smashing teams off the field from the first minute is disproportionate.

We are delivering results that, over 90 minutes, have got us to the top of the league and progressing on yet another cup run.

If you cant see that then there's no point in debating it.


But read the comments he made after 90 minutes.

I was working and didn't see the game. Reading this board I understand the first half was dire but that the second was much better? That's all Frank said. If I have understood incorrectly and County were great throughout the 90 minutes Frank has a problem. If that is a fair analysis then the problem is with Frank's critics.

I know what my money's on.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 29th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.


You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.


Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.


At least Whoareya mentions a "fair few people" in his comments but again see what Low and Hard states after my reply.
Lets have a sense of perspective please.
Banned? :roll:


If you look back through the posts around the first half, the people you have compared with have at least mitigated their comments with the hope of improvement, encouragement, or added a bit of dry humour to their comments.

The level of impatient, kneejerk negativity that you post on every game, if we are not smashing teams off the field from the first minute is disproportionate.

We are delivering results that, over 90 minutes, have got us to the top of the league and progressing on yet another cup run.

If you cant see that then there's no point in debating it.


But read the comments he made after 90 minutes.

I was working and didn't see the game. Reading this board I understand the first half was dire but that the second was much better? That's all Frank said. If I have understood incorrectly and County were great throughout the 90 minutes Frank has a problem. If that is a fair analysis then the problem is with Frank's critics.

I know what my money's on.


Much appreciated Stan
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby whoareya » November 29th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.


You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.


Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.


At least Whoareya mentions a "fair few people" in his comments but again see what Low and Hard states after my reply.
Lets have a sense of perspective please.
Banned? :roll:


If you look back through the posts around the first half, the people you have compared with have at least mitigated their comments with the hope of improvement, encouragement, or added a bit of dry humour to their comments.

The level of impatient, kneejerk negativity that you post on every game, if we are not smashing teams off the field from the first minute is disproportionate.

We are delivering results that, over 90 minutes, have got us to the top of the league and progressing on yet another cup run.

If you cant see that then there's no point in debating it.


But read the comments he made after 90 minutes.

I was working and didn't see the game. Reading this board I understand the first half was dire but that the second was much better? That's all Frank said. If I have understood incorrectly and County were great throughout the 90 minutes Frank has a problem. If that is a fair analysis then the problem is with Frank's critics.

I know what my money's on.


Your money is, as always, on the viewpoint that you prefer.

Whatever happened to reasoned, considered opinion. There seems to be a wholescale inability to see games as a whole, why berate virtually every aspect of a performance before it's concluded, why not try to add some enthusiasm, encouragement and heaven forbid, humour into the thread?
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 29th, 2020, 12:33 pm

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.


You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.


Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.


At least Whoareya mentions a "fair few people" in his comments but again see what Low and Hard states after my reply.
Lets have a sense of perspective please.
Banned? :roll:


If you look back through the posts around the first half, the people you have compared with have at least mitigated their comments with the hope of improvement, encouragement, or added a bit of dry humour to their comments.

The level of impatient, kneejerk negativity that you post on every game, if we are not smashing teams off the field from the first minute is disproportionate.

We are delivering results that, over 90 minutes, have got us to the top of the league and progressing on yet another cup run.

If you cant see that then there's no point in debating it.


But read the comments he made after 90 minutes.

I was working and didn't see the game. Reading this board I understand the first half was dire but that the second was much better? That's all Frank said. If I have understood incorrectly and County were great throughout the 90 minutes Frank has a problem. If that is a fair analysis then the problem is with Frank's critics.

I know what my money's on.


Your money is, as always, on the viewpoint that you prefer.

Whatever happened to reasoned, considered opinion. There seems to be a wholescale inability to see games as a whole, why berate virtually every aspect of a performance before it's concluded, why not try to add some enthusiasm, encouragement and heaven forbid, humour into the thread?


Steady!!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 29th, 2020, 1:13 pm

whoareya wrote:
Whatever happened to reasoned, considered opinion.


Serious question. I didn't see yesterday's game. If, as many seem to think, the first half was yesterday was awful then I am grateful for those who have told me. However if those who claim the first half was terrible are lying then I am grateful to Whoareya for pointing out these blackguards and scoundrels.

So what do you think about the first 45 minutes yesterday?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby excessbee » November 29th, 2020, 1:19 pm

Not high quality, but we were more creative and probably should have been a goal ahead at half time. It wasn't as poor a performance as the Walsall game, but it the quality of the Walsall performance was much higher than Salford.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 29th, 2020, 1:22 pm

whoareya wrote:There seems to be a wholescale inability to see games as a whole, why berate virtually every aspect of a performance before it's concluded,....





Let us follow your argument through using your reasoning.

If it is wrong for people to comment on a poor first half why is it acceptable for people to comment on a good first half?

Further, using your logic, if it is wrong to comment before a game is concluded, why is commenting on our progress this season thus far acceptable? After all season 20/21 hasn't reached half time yet.

What happened to reasoned opinion you ask? Well it's alive and well. As those of us who are able to visualise that reasoned opinion does not equate to those who agree with me.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby excessbee » November 29th, 2020, 1:36 pm

I would say passing comment on the season's progress so far is entirely different. What we have is points in the bag that can't be removed. Being 2-0 ahead at half time gives you nothing, other than a better chance than your opponents of ending the game with three points.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 29th, 2020, 1:45 pm

excessbee wrote:I would say passing comment on the season's progress so far is entirely different. What we have is points in the bag that can't be removed. Being 2-0 ahead at half time gives you nothing, other than a better chance than your opponents of ending the game with three points.


Having 29 points gives you nothing other than a better chance of ending the season with a better chance than your opponents of winning the League or avoiding relegation.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby whoareya » November 29th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Having 29 points gives you nothing other than a better chance of ending the season with a better chance than your opponents of winning the League or avoiding relegation.


Is that really how you see the points tally of the team at the top of the table? Its no wonder you align yourself to the fault line of negativity.

Thankfully I see it as a fantastic achievement in a season of turmoil and uncertainty that hopefully none of us will ever see the like of again.

I'm not wasting any more energy on this issue, let the miserable old spunkers wallow in misery, because if that's what retirement brings - you can shove it !.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Postby lowandhard » November 29th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:I would say passing comment on the season's progress so far is entirely different. What we have is points in the bag that can't be removed. Being 2-0 ahead at half time gives you nothing, other than a better chance than your opponents of ending the game with three points.


Having 29 points gives you nothing other than a better chance of ending the season with a better chance than your opponents of winning the League or avoiding relegation.


:lol: ... and that’s jazz! Or rather being hoisted by your own petard!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: healey73, llanwern exile

Powered by phpBB ®