2 big games

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

countymadbel

2 big games

Postby countymadbel » November 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

We got 2 big games coming up against 2 teams challenging us this season. Get to positive results and really will believe it could be our year. So come on county show me your the real deal
no avatar
User

countymadbel

Re: 2 big games

Postby countymadbel » November 28th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Part one done now on to Tuesday. UTC
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » November 28th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Ah but will it be Tuesday or possibly Wednesday
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » November 28th, 2020, 10:17 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:Ah but will it be Tuesday or possibly Wednesday

Presumably we would have the right to refuse a change of date. No point in allowing them any advantage that even a small crowd might provide.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » November 29th, 2020, 8:32 am

Sorry, missed this one. Why is there a possibility of a date change for the FGR game? It wouldn't have been for the potential cup replay as the game would have finished on the day. Do FGR have Covid issues or is it the date when some fans are allowed in? Bloody hope not.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » November 29th, 2020, 9:02 am

pembsexile wrote:

Sorry, missed this one. Why is there a possibility of a date change for the FGR game? It wouldn't have been for the potential cup replay as the game would have finished on the day. Do FGR have Covid issues or is it the date when some fans are allowed in? Bloody hope not.

There has been some suggestion that by switching to Wednesday, clubs may be allowed fans in attendance. This may be linked to those that managed to hold a test event just before the fan exclusion was announced. As the test event weekend seemed to be a random selection of a few league matches, in my opinion it would be wrong for that to carry over to the readmission of fans.

Edit: Cambridge, Carlisle and Walsall seem to have switched to Wednesday. Cambridge certainly, held a test event at their stadium, not sure about the other two.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » November 29th, 2020, 9:42 am

Forest Green have announced home fans back from 12th December, that's their match with Cambridge.
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Postby Bangitintrnet » November 29th, 2020, 5:18 pm

What will happen with IFollow when some fans are back?
no avatar
User

G Guest

Postby G Guest » November 29th, 2020, 8:10 pm

I'm sure that I read that the iFollow service will continue for as look as access to stadiums is restricted. Meaning that it will not stop because 2,000 or 4,000 fans are allowed in.
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Postby Bangitintrnet » November 29th, 2020, 8:51 pm

G Guest wrote:I'm sure that I read that the iFollow service will continue for as look as access to stadiums is restricted. Meaning that it will not stop because 2,000 or 4,000 fans are allowed in.

Thanks, I remember it being mentioned as an issue at the start, but wasn't sure if it had been resolved.
no avatar
User

ExiledinLondon

Postby ExiledinLondon » November 30th, 2020, 9:29 am

I think those games were switched to Wednesday because Stevenage, Carlisle and Mansfield all played in the FA Cup on the Sunday rather than the Saturday.