Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby faerun exile » November 25th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Interesting interview on Talksport this lunchtime with CEO at Cambridge Utd. They are hoping to have 2,100 ish fans attending when they entertain the Scabs on Wednesday 2 December. 2,100 is the figure CEO gave for the club to break even financially on the night. Not sure how a break even figure is calculated as 2,100 is way below their average last season of 4,178. Maybe he is factoring in potential bail-out monies from the PL?
Food will be sold at the ground but no bars will be open. On the subject of stewards he stated that approx 90 will be needed to control a crowd of 2,100, a much higher ratio than normal in order to ensure social distancing adhered to etc. Cambridge have sold 1,500 STs so far and will have 500-600 tickets available pay on the day.
no avatar
User

Collars

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby Collars » November 26th, 2020, 12:08 pm

As 90% of England has gone into tier 2 that means 2,000 max for most teams. I imagine financially that's still a loss-maker for every team.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby faerun exile » November 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Tier 2: Cheltenham, Cambridge, FGR, Exeter, Carlisle, Orient, Tranmere, Colchester, Harrogate, Crawley, Barrow, Stevenage, Southend. Max capacity 2,000.

Tier 3: Salford, Port Vale, Bolton, Morecambe, Walsall, Oldham, Grimsby, Bradford, Mansfield, Scunthorpe. Behind closed doors.

Our remaining away games in 2020 FGR (BCD), Grimsby (BCD), Orient (2,000), Salford (BCD), Crawley (2,000).
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 26th, 2020, 2:14 pm

faerun exile wrote:Tier 2: Cheltenham, Cambridge, FGR, Exeter, Carlisle, Orient, Tranmere, Colchester, Harrogate, Crawley, Barrow, Stevenage, Southend. Max capacity 2,000.

Tier 3: Salford, Port Vale, Bolton, Morecambe, Walsall, Oldham, Grimsby, Bradford, Mansfield, Scunthorpe. Behind closed doors.

Our remaining away games in 2020 FGR (BCD), Grimsby (BCD), Orient (2,000), Salford (BCD), Crawley (2,000).


Forest Green will have to give tickets away :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby NearlyDead » November 26th, 2020, 5:45 pm

I note the BBC give all the Welsh EFL clubs as not allowing spectators. Presume there is ongoing discussion between the clubs and the WA.

However, Newport is now perilously close to 300 cases per 100,000 and so I think would be equivalent to qualifying as an English Tier 3 region, and so any discussions may become academic for a few more weeks.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » November 26th, 2020, 9:45 pm

A number of grassroots teams around Newport are now not permitted to train or play friendlies due to players testing +. It then has a big ripple effect on other side's they've played recently. This is going to get worse until a vaccine is rolled out.
no avatar
User

Collars

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby Collars » November 27th, 2020, 11:02 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Tier 2: Cheltenham, Cambridge, FGR, Exeter, Carlisle, Orient, Tranmere, Colchester, Harrogate, Crawley, Barrow, Stevenage, Southend. Max capacity 2,000.

Tier 3: Salford, Port Vale, Bolton, Morecambe, Walsall, Oldham, Grimsby, Bradford, Mansfield, Scunthorpe. Behind closed doors.

Our remaining away games in 2020 FGR (BCD), Grimsby (BCD), Orient (2,000), Salford (BCD), Crawley (2,000).


Forest Green will have to give tickets away :mrgreen:


To be fair 2,000 at FGR are probably all related so they'll be in the same bubble :lol:
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 27th, 2020, 11:39 am

Collars wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Tier 2: Cheltenham, Cambridge, FGR, Exeter, Carlisle, Orient, Tranmere, Colchester, Harrogate, Crawley, Barrow, Stevenage, Southend. Max capacity 2,000.

Tier 3: Salford, Port Vale, Bolton, Morecambe, Walsall, Oldham, Grimsby, Bradford, Mansfield, Scunthorpe. Behind closed doors.

Our remaining away games in 2020 FGR (BCD), Grimsby (BCD), Orient (2,000), Salford (BCD), Crawley (2,000).


Forest Green will have to give tickets away :mrgreen:


To be fair 2,000 at FGR are probably all related so they'll be in the same bubble :lol:


Good point well made :grin:
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby faerun exile » December 1st, 2020, 10:17 pm

Interesting that Cheltenham will have a max capacity of 1,000 only while the area remains in Tier 2. Based on the lower of 2,000 or 50% of their socially distanced capacity of 2,000. Face masks to be worn and all fans in ground 45 mins before kick off.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 2nd, 2020, 4:25 pm

Unbelievable 1000 fans allowed each session at the darts this year
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

Postby mad norm » December 2nd, 2020, 7:28 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Unbelievable 1000 fans allowed each session at the darts this year

Must say this one is contentious.... Reading the piece on bbc.. Food and drinks at table via app.... can't see any restriction on liquid quantities
Fancy security staff will be busy
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Countymax, Exile 1976, Madhatter, MisterB, Roman46

Powered by phpBB ®