Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

excessbee wrote:Seems like it's just part of a plan to make a section of the general public grateful for a gesture in their direction. Last week it was the betting fraternity, next week football fans and those selling Christmas tat.
If 4,000 is representative of the Old Trafford capacity, we might get an allowance of about 350.

Edit: Missed this info above, so ignore my post.

Tier 1: 50% capacity or 4,000 max whichever is lower
Tier 2: 50% capacity or 2,000 max whichever is lower
Tier 3: remain behind closed doors

On face value the extent of relaxation is more than I was expecting, perhaps the intention is to create an incentive for the hotspot areas where idiots have repeatedly ignored the guidance?

faerun exile wrote:Tier 1: 50% capacity or 4,000 max whichever is lower
Remains to be seen what happens in Wales.

50% capacity at RP is 3,500-4,000 so a normal league crowd. Social distancing out the window in that case.

Edit: social distancing to apply so if same rules as above adopted at RP then we could be looking at 2,500 ish capacity.
ST holders only I believe,we have sold just over 1000 ST’s of which some will choose to stay away because of fears for personal safety.We would be talking of hundreds only attending which would help with social distancing.

This doesn't sound workable for small grounds. At the extreme in the EFL even, some have only about 5,000 capacity and with 2,500 inside would be dangerously crowded with Covid around. Having said that much will depend on the allocation of towns and cities to tiers. The 4,000/50% allowance is only for tier one communities. Presumably no away supporters will be allowed because they may come from places which are not in tier 1 and if the incidence of Covid is very low to be in tier 1, it may not be too bad. Similarly for tier 2. In the worst places it will still be no spectators allowed.

Hopefully this will change soon but if Newport was in England it would be in tier 3 because of the current high level of infection in the community.

G Guest wrote:This doesn't sound workable for small grounds. At the extreme in the EFL even, some have only about 5,000 capacity and with 2,500 inside would be dangerously crowded with Covid around. Having said that much will depend on the allocation of towns and cities to tiers. The 4,000/50% allowance is only for tier one communities. Presumably no away supporters will be allowed because they may come from places which are not in tier 1 and if the incidence of Covid is very low to be in tier 1, it may not be too bad. Similarly for tier 2. In the worst places it will still be no spectators allowed.

Hopefully this will change soon but if Newport was in England it would be in tier 3 because of the current high level of infection in the community.
Social distancing will still apply so I doubt that a 2,500 crowd in a 5,000 capacity stadium would comply. IIRC from the summer the very ball-park guide bandied about was that social distancing could be achieved at 1/3 capacity, so 2,500 ish at RP.

Percy plunkett wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Tier 1: 50% capacity or 4,000 max whichever is lower
Remains to be seen what happens in Wales.

50% capacity at RP is 3,500-4,000 so a normal league crowd. Social distancing out the window in that case.

Edit: social distancing to apply so if same rules as above adopted at RP then we could be looking at 2,500 ish capacity.
ST holders only I believe,we have sold just over 1000 ST’s of which some will choose to stay away because of fears for personal safety.We would be talking of hundreds only attending which would help with social distancing.
Unless we can sell more season tickets, restricting attendance to season ticket holders is not going to help the club much. The club already has the ST money. What we really want is to sell match day tickets up to the permitted capacity while keeping the iFollow service as well. iFollow will continue to bring in additional income and enable ST holders, many of whom may not want to go to matches under current circumstances, to cede their seats to people who do want to be in the ground.

I presume that standing will not be allowed.

excessbee wrote:But a ground with 5000 capacity would only be having a crowd of 2500 if they sold 2500 season tickets and they all attend, (and are in a tier 1 area). Because of the away fan exclusion there won't be any pay on the day allowance.
Wouldn't tickets be sold from the club shop in the days leading up to a match? If we have 1,000 ST holders and a revised Covid capacity of say 2,500 I can't believe we wouldn't try to sell the additional 1,500 tickets.

I think there will be a surge of interest from Trust members and shareholders desperate to get to games for the first time in 9 months, especially with us doing so well. This might keep revenue ticking over until the vaccination programme allows for more relaxation of attendances towards the end of the season - just in time for promotion.....?
Last edited by whoareya on November 23rd, 2020, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regrettably the announcement coincides with the Welsh Government announcing possibility of stricter conditions.
The WG appear committed to a one nation approach so without tiers I cannot see any welsh crowds for sometime.
A very interesting point made above about crowd advantage, whilst arguably always present between well and not so well supported clubs does appear unfair on us, Cardiff and Swansea if there are no Welsh crowds maybe all games involving Welsh teams should be crowd free unless they are allowed at home games as well?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Totally negligent.
Just like the 5 day break for Xmas as clearly the Virus will not be about for those 5 days.
Buffoons running the UK albeit its not up to them in Newport.
Like the post above until we get the vaccine in us count me out.
I completely accept your comments about the vaccine mate. A lot of people feel the same way. I get that. How about this then.

There have been x3 vaccine trials in this country with the Oxford vaccine using thousands of volunteers in the second phase. The government seems keen to use every possible scenario to give the economy a boost. Again, I understand that. How about giving these people who have had the test vaccine a ‘free pass’ to go to all events and give a little stimulus wherever possible. Just a thought.

That's a simple but excellent solution. It would only impact once on each team we play away, until Wales and England operate the same system.

Edit: I was not endorsing the idea of a free events pass, but the previous poster's suggestion of games involving Welsh clubs playing away continuing to be behind closed doors.
Last edited by excessbee on November 23rd, 2020, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pembsexile wrote:
Just like the 5 day break for Xmas as clearly the Virus will not be about for those 5 days.
I completely accept your comments about the vaccine mate. A lot of people feel the same way. I get that. How about this then.

There have been x3 vaccine trials in this country with the Oxford vaccine using thousands of volunteers in the second phase. The government seems keen to use every possible scenario to give the economy a boost. Again, I understand that. How about giving these people who have had the test vaccine a ‘free pass’ to go to all events and give a little stimulus wherever possible. Just a thought.
Sounds great mate.
Mrs Nouble just told me that she would of volunteered for the vaccine trial.
I just think maybe the okay will be rushed through to quickly.
Can they be 100% that its totally safe.
For the first time since March now hearing about numerous friends/aquaintances have tested positive.
A clear test today still doesn't guarantee you will not get it tomorrow.
Maybe I will risk watching the boys as its worth the risk rather than listening to Charlie and OB every home game. :lol:
Simply awful :roll:
Don't think its been mentioned but his pronouncing "County" is as annoying as Micky Dimmy Tray O

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Sounds great mate.
Mrs Nouble just told me that she would of volunteered for the vaccine trial.
I just think maybe the okay will be rushed through to quickly.
Can they be 100% that its totally safe.
For the first time since March now hearing about numerous friends/aquaintances have tested positive.
A clear test today still doesn't guarantee you will not get it tomorrow.
Maybe I will risk watching the boys as its worth the risk rather than listening to Charlie and OB every home game. :lol:
Simply awful :roll:
Don't think its been mentioned but his pronouncing "County" is as annoying as Micky Dimmy Tray O
I agree with Mrs N mate. I would have volunteered as well. Don’t think I would have been allowed though as I have a compromised immune system. That’s another story.

As for the vaccine, 30,000 people were involved in the third phase, including, UK, Brazil and South Africa. There were no serious adverse incidents although that may rise when millions are vaccinated. That happens sometimes apparently as the numbers rise. The next stage is approval, but from the evidence that is available at the moment it appears to be safe. We can see light at the end of the tunnel. Tfft. :cheers:

if it is ST holders only then this would work.There were 1087 ST holders according to the September board minutes.Of those,all would be yes or no if allowed to attend,not many unsure so,the club would contact all 1087 to ask will you be attending.They would then know how many in the Bisley,Hazel Stand or Hazel Terrace for trace and tracking,so could organise security to fit the numbers.No problems with social distancing in a crowd of that size and give the players a lift of seeing some fans.