Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Colchester Utd

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Why does Tim only do the away games.
Assume this fella gets a salary for commentating.
Really think the Dimmy Troo is now passed amusing and rambling on when the action is kicking off in play is dreadful.
It wasn't even a joke when he said you could buy a programme from the club shop when it opens again.
Charlie & Tim are both volunteers.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Really think the Dimmy Troo is now passed amusing and rambling on when the action is kicking off in play is dreadful.
It wasn't even a joke when he said you could buy a programme from the club shop when it opens again.
Okay so maybe somebody actually knows the fella and can politely ask him to stop saying Dimee Troo and commentate on the game rather than waffle on.
We do pay £10 for 90 minutes viewing so maybe we should in return get a professional commentary albeit from a volunteer.
Is that too much to ask for?

Jonesy3 wrote:
Are they not paid by ifollow

daftasfxxx wrote:A bit weird you dragged an old thread up from October just to post that
Not at all.

I was accused of being inconsistent by two posters. I merely pointed out that the chairman of the Dragons, is saying exactly what I have been saying as to how our city can progress.

I believe it is incumbent on the board of directors of Newport County to engage, and engage publicly, with the Dragons. Together and united the two professional football clubs in Newport should, in my view must, act in unison and lobby the City Council.

My fear is that those in charge of our club will not engage. I fear this because perhaps unknowingly our board are driven more by ego than by a definitive interest in what is for the best for Newport County.

So can I suggest read that which I have written three years ago. Listen to the Dave Buttress podcast and ask yourself what you believe our club should do now?