Re: Rodney Parade Backdrop to BBC Breakfast News

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning

Well Stan, I’ve prepared for my death by writing a will, it’ll be a shock if I die today....

You can prepare for an eventuality that is highly unlikely, and probably won’t happen but most would be shocked if it did.

Your misunderstanding is excused on this occasion, I’m prepared for your response and will be shocked if you don’t!

Phil in Northampton
A common misunderstanding. It will be a shock if you die today. However it will not come as a shock that you will one day die. The probability of you dying is 1.Therefore do the BBC have camera's ready to go to Cup shocks when they happen? Yes. Do they know in advance where and when a Cup shock will happen? No. If they did it wouldn't be a shock. It's exactly the same with the preparations for your demise. You insure against a car crash, because it probably won't happen, and is a shock if it does, you ensure your life because you will die.

Contradict me again and news of your passing will not come as a surprise to anyone who reads this board. As JimmyExile and StefanKuntz would tell you but for the fact that they sleep with the fishes. :grin: