Re: Flynn out

AmberArmy3343 wrote:The Flynn out brigade from the end of last season are awfully quiet now....

Clowns.

:joker: :joker:
The only clown on here is you pal.
Great start to the season, everybody playing well.
Last half of last season Flynny and his management team after the Lincoln farce were next to useless.
A total revelation so far.
Brilliant.
100% turn around

99% of club chairmen in the Football League would have sacked him with the form we were showing at the time
I too believed we would have sacked him if we could have afforded to do so and his ' friendship' with the Chairman

Oh how I wish like some on here who try to boost about things after they happen I had the vision of hindsight.
Where can you get it from ?????

Yes it was poor form but we were still mid table.

The amount flynn has done for us (great escape, play off final, multiple cup upsets) he deserved us to stick with him through his only bad spell. He’s been overachieving and i think the end of last season was just things balancing out
Last edited by AmberArmy3343 on September 27th, 2020, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

It has been a brilliant start to the season mainly due to our summer recruitment, many a manager would have been sacked with the run of form towards the end of last season, how many games did we go without scoring 7 I think.
Anyway that was last year this year is a different story so far, and it seems a masterstroke in moving Dolan to the backline, it's like an additional signing long may it continue

After everything he's done imo would have been very hasty to have sacked him last season when we were never in any real trouble - despite the terrible form. We've been spoilt the last few seasons and that's down to him, some County fans seem to have really short memories

Really glad the board gave him the benefit and a chance to turn it around. .

It is very difficult. If you were to look at it objectively then Flynn could figure in the top 5 County Managers based on cup success in recent seasons and taking the team to a play-off final.

But surely part of a League Two's Manager's role is to identify and bring through talent from the Academy, which he has failed badly at.

And he needs to win games, which County struggled to do last season.

I was a "Flynn out" supporter last season because County were not worth the admission fee last season and Flynn seemed determined to play "anti-football" or "hoofball", neither of which appealed to me.

I am glad that this season (so far) I have been proved wrong. But I still want to see some youngsters making the grade from the Academy...

AmberArmy3343 wrote:The Flynn out brigade from the end of last season are awfully quiet now....

Clowns.

:joker: :joker:
The start to this season is not too dissimilar to last season, it seems MF has at last admitted to him self, hoofball was not the way to go, so yes the jury is still out.

I think hindsight can be a wonderful thing. However, it’s funny that it’s the same old people who moan about the manager, the players, the board etc. but when it goes well. *silence*

Be positive! Support the club! Congratulate people for doing things well! Enjoy life!

UTC

weownourclub wrote:I think hindsight can be a wonderful thing. However, it’s funny that it’s the same old people who moan about the manager, the players, the board etc. but when it goes well. *silence*

Be positive! Support the club! Congratulate people for doing things well! Enjoy life!

UTC
Frank's posted, Neil's posted, I've posted.

And I'm delighted with our start to the season. As I said just before the 2019/20 ended I believed Flynn should be given 10 games at the start of this season, that's still my position. It's also still my position that after Flynn's aborted move to Lincoln had it been my decision I'd have fired him then. Not on his record but I believe any individual becoming bigger than the club is dangerous.

I remain, always positive, never silent, just always never willing to arse lick.

weownourclub wrote:I think hindsight can be a wonderful thing. However, it’s funny that it’s the same old people who moan about the manager, the players, the board etc. but when it goes well. *silence*

UTC
This made me chuckle. We are all enjoying the start to the season and you complain about the silence . Silence is the boards speciality perhaps we've all learned something. Looking forward to hearing from them when they ask us not to ask for money back on our season tickets due to the extended absence from stadiums.
We all want this club to succeed and we know nobody is perfect , if mistakes are made come out and say we tried something and it didn't work. Covering things up breeds mistrust trying to ridicule fans on here to try and justify the mistakes makes things worse.

I never go overboard when things are going well and similarly I don't jump on the moaning bandwagon when things don't go well.

I'm big on loyalty, trying to be constructive and sticking by people when they need support believing if you have ability, the right attitude and a good work ethic then those attributes will prevail in the longterm. MF has proved he has those attributes in abundance.