Total votes: 2 (5%)
Abrahams
Total votes: 7 (17%)
Taylor
Total votes: 4 (10%)
Amond (No votes)
Total votes: 42

Re: Man of the Match v Bolton away

With all due respect to Matt, who through no particular fault of his own spent most of last season chasing shadows, it's been a real pleasure watching Taylor's centre-forward performances. I voted for him. The amount of pressure he takes off the defence mightn't be recognised by all, and he won't score twenty himself this season but so far as a result of his link-up play it feels that goals could come from anyone.

I cant believe 3 other people voted for Willmott...
He was on for 10 mins or so , had one or two touches, one being a corner and people voted for him ???

I did so as a joke as I stated just to see if any others did.

Come on this is a genuine thing to see who the player of the season is through their performances throughout the season and some are just voting for certain players just to try and get a 'rise' out of other posters .
Unless they do something exceptional I believe any player playing less than 15 minutes in a game should not be allowed to be voted for ???

pembsexile wrote:The moderators (or whomever) continuous deleting of posts on this thread (and others) is truly ridiculous. Frank, UTP, Jon D, me and daftas all deleted today. None of them were racist, sexist or espoused violence. Just because you don’t agree with what is written, you take it down.
To assist with the smooth running of the website, moderator decisions should not be debated publicly on the forum. If you feel a moderator has made an unfair or wrong decision then please PM the site admin directly who will review your complaint, discuss it further and if necessary take appropriate actions.

Perhaps running this as a POLL is occasionally bringing out the infant in some of us.

Personally I'm always a bit irked by one word posts for the MOM nomination. It smacks of Lou and Andy from "Little Britain". If nominations aren't supported with credible evidence I'd be inclined to discount them, but that's my up-my-own-ass opinion.

When I watch games in the flesh I tend to end up voting for a player from the defensive half of the pitch because I seem to notice our defensive unit more, but now, perhaps because I'm watching on my phone, it's that harder to see individual defensive contributions because there's usually a cluster of amber shirts close together. So I've been surprised by Dolan's popularity. It's informative to read some of the good things he's doing rather than just see he's got fifteen (or however many) votes.

JonD wrote:Perhaps running this as a POLL is occasionally bringing out the infant in some of us.

Personally I'm always a bit irked by one word posts for the MOM nomination. It smacks of Lou and Andy from "Little Britain". If nominations aren't supported with credible evidence I'd be inclined to discount them, but that's my up-my-own-ass opinion.

When I watch games in the flesh I tend to end up voting for a player from the defensive half of the pitch because I seem to notice our defensive unit more, but now, perhaps because I'm watching on my phone, it's that harder to see individual defensive contributions because there's usually a cluster of amber shirts close together. So I've been surprised by Dolan's popularity. It's informative to read some of the good things he's doing rather than just see he's got fifteen (or however many) votes.
Good morning Jon D
Cannot agree anymore with your post 100%
Last year I was crucified in trying to stop the odd contributor wrecking the poll and discounting clearly daft nominations albeit for 1 player.
It appears this year as Padraig is not in the first 11 so far that Robbie has the current title.
I see one of those from last year still wants to keep this nonsense going
Guess what
Amond.
Gotta laugh as the fella albeit old news now thinks its still a laugh.
There is no on going votes this year by the looks of things so anybody who wants to know overall who is leading MOM will have to do their own sums.
Cheers
Frank.

Totally agree with Frank and JonD above. MoM is a bit of harmless fun. Those who disrupt it think they are being funny, all they are in fact doing is being juvenile.

Second point. Moderation is censorship. I accept that for bigoted abuse or the advocacy of violence should be removed. However to remove posts for the reason of 'smooth running' of the board is nonsense. There are many posts on this board in which i have no interest. My solution is I don't read them. I don't care if someone who played three games for us eight years ago scores for West Hampstead in the London Banking League. But as an adult I have the ability to ignore such posts and as a grown up I know that it is not for me to tell other people what they should be interested and not interested in.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Totally agree with Frank and JonD above. MoM is a bit of harmless fun. Those who disrupt it think they are being funny, all they are in fact doing is being juvenile.

Second point. Moderation is censorship. I accept that for bigoted abuse or the advocacy of violence should be removed. However to remove posts for the reason of 'smooth running' of the board is nonsense. There are many posts on this board in which i have no interest. My solution is I don't read them. I don't care if someone who played three games for us eight years ago scores for West Hampstead in the London Banking League. But as an adult I have the ability to ignore such posts and as a grown up I know that it is not for me to tell other people what they should be interested and not interested in.
Morning Stan
Like yourself probably half the threads boor me stupid but of a great interest to others.
Don't read them simple.
Spot on regarding censorship for the smooth running of the site.
Anyway back on topic lets hope tomorrow evening contributors are rushing to vote after a great County performance.