Re: Newcastle

neilcork68 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Middlesbrough flew down and back for the FA Cup game, I remember tracking their flight from Teesside to Rhoose on Flightradar. They chartered a plane, as I'm sure Newcastle would. Pretty sure it was a day trip.

It wasnt a chartered flight made by Middlesbrough it was a normal flight
It was a one-off charter from Teesside and flew back the same night. This is from an aviation enthusiast site for the relevant date:

Ad Hoc charters/One off Airliner movements
Landing at 11:46 from Teesside is EZE9601 "Eastflight 9601" E145 G-CHMR ..parking on stand 1 ..departed at 12:22 to Aberdeen as EZE961P "Eastflight 961P"
Landing at 22:24 from Aberdeen is EZE962P "Eastflight 962P" AT76 G-IACY ..parking on stand 10 ..departs at 23:30 to Teesside as EZE9602 "Eastflight 9602"

G Guest wrote:The Newcastle subs bench today should give us a clue as to who 6 or 7 of their starting lineup will be on Wednesday.
I made a note. Carroll, Lewis, Kraft, Yedlin, Murphy, Gillespie and Longstaff.

I can’t see that Bruce would rest any first teamers against Spurs so that they are fresh for us.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Middlesbrough flew down and back for the FA Cup game, I remember tracking their flight from Teesside to Rhoose on Flightradar. They chartered a plane, as I'm sure Newcastle would. Pretty sure it was a day trip.

It was a one-off charter from Teesside and flew back the same night. This is from an aviation enthusiast site for the relevant date:

Landing at 11:46 from Teesside is EZE9601 "Eastflight 9601" E145 G-CHMR ..parking on stand 1 ..departed at 12:22 to Aberdeen as EZE961P "Eastflight 961P"
Landing at 22:24 from Aberdeen is EZE962P "Eastflight 962P" AT76 G-IACY ..parking on stand 10 ..departs at 23:30 to Teesside as EZE9602 "Eastflight 9602"

That doesn't mention a flight to Cardiff

neilcork68 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

That doesn't mention a flight to Cardiff
From experience I know navigation is a subject which GSB thinks he knows more about than is in fact the case. Aberdeen George, not Aberdare.

Pretty sure they will charter a flight, plenty available at a decent rate and send their coach down to pick them up at Airport.
Pretty logical.
Easy Jet my arse. :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Pretty sure they will charter a flight, plenty available at a decent rate and send their coach down to pick them up at Airport.
Pretty logical.
Mine too Frank - especially after eating baked beans, sausage and mash!

lowandhard wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Pretty sure they will charter a flight, plenty available at a decent rate and send their coach down to pick them up at Airport.
Pretty logical.
Mine too Frank - especially after eating baked beans, sausage and mash!
On a Sunday mate? :lol:

Looks as though we won’t be able to watch it live on ifollow as the next match available is Mansfield.Sky would have exclusive rights by the look of it.

Percy plunkett wrote:Looks as though we won’t be able to watch it live on ifollow as the next match available is Mansfield.Sky would have exclusive rights by the look of it.
Got Virgin.
Life's a bitch sometimes.
Any pubs open indoors showing the game?

The match is not on iFollow but is on Now TV for the same price that IFollow charge. You just have to download the Now TV app and buy a 1 day Sky Sports pass for 10 pounds. Some smart tvs already have the app. I think you can buy the pass anytime and activate it when you want to use it.

G Guest wrote:The match is not on iFollow but is on Now TV for the same price that IFollow charge. You just have to download the Now TV app and buy a 1 day Sky Sports pass for 10 pounds. Some smart tvs already have the app. I think you can buy the pass anytime and activate it when you want to use it.
How do you know if you have a smart TV?
Sorry but this is all a bit technical for me.
Can you watch on your lap top if TV is not suitable?
Cheers

pembsexile wrote:
G Guest wrote:The Newcastle subs bench today should give us a clue as to who 6 or 7 of their starting lineup will be on Wednesday.

I can’t see that Bruce would rest any first teamers against Spurs so that they are fresh for us.
Kraft, Yedlin, Gillespie and Longstaff played in both Newcastle's previous cup ties. Carroll was a playing substitute against Morecambe and it would not be a surprise to see him play some part on Wednesday. I'm not sure about Lewis. He has not figured at all previously in the cup. He may have been injured. So I think we have identified 4 certains and 2 maybes. I wouldn't expect to see any of the players who started against Spurs today starting on Wednesday but there will be a few on the bench as insurance I reckon.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
G Guest wrote:The match is not on iFollow but is on Now TV for the same price that IFollow charge. You just have to download the Now TV app and buy a 1 day Sky Sports pass for 10 pounds. Some smart tvs already have the app. I think you can buy the pass anytime and activate it when you want to use it.
How do you know if you have a smart TV?
Sorry but this is all a bit technical for me.
Can you watch on your lap top if TV is not suitable?
Cheers
You can download Now TV player to your laptop. Might have to buy the Sky Sports pass before you can download it first though.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching ... on-windows

G Guest wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Kraft, Yedlin, Gillespie and Longstaff played in both Newcastle's previous cup ties. Carroll was a playing substitute against Morecambe and it would not be a surprise to see him play some part on Wednesday. I'm not sure about Lewis. He has not figured at all previously in the cup. He may have been injured. So I think we have identified 4 certains and 2 maybes. I wouldn't expect to see any of the players who started against Spurs today starting on Wednesday but there will be a few on the bench as insurance I reckon.
Whoever they select to play, if we are to avoid a hammering, I suspect we will have to out-energise and enthuse them as we did for most parts of the games against Swansea and Watford.