Re: Newcastle

mad norm wrote:Great news

Sky showing any others?
5 in total

Chesea v Spurs Tue (7.45)
Us v Newcastle (5:30) followed by Brighton v Man Utd Wed (7:45)
Brentford v Fulham followed by Liverpool v Arsenal on Thu

Presumably it'll also be on BBC Radio Wales. They covered the Watford game (albeit not on all frequencies), so it'd be a surprise if they didn't carry commentary of this one.

7:45 kick offs might be a bit tight (for 10pm closure), if penalties are needed. I was expecting 7.30. Imagine an extended shootout and a bar saying "sorry folks, have to switch off the screens". :lol:

excessbee wrote:7:45 kick offs might be a bit tight (for 10pm closure), if penalties are needed. I was expecting 7.30. Imagine an extended shootout and a bar saying "sorry folks, have to switch off the screens". :lol:
The pubs don't have to close at 10pm, they just have to stop serving alcohol then.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
100% agree with that statement.

Hopefully the raffle will bring in a substantial amount for all 3 charities.
How will that be organised as no details yet?

Far more if we nick a win of course.
Raffle?
Bit Pedantic

Keep you happy.

"Hopefully the auction will bring in a substantial amount for all 3 charities.
How will that be organised as no details yet?

You don't need a Now box. Just download the Now app and watch it on your computer, or phone even.

G Guest wrote:You don't need a Now box. Just download the Now app and watch it on your computer, or phone even.
Thanks

I wonder if they will decide that there was no need to go as strong as they did against Morecambe. Three or four goals would be fine and no need to risk injury to as many Premier League starters.

They have put out very, very strong sides so far. Morecambe's manager hit the nail on the head when he praised them for treating the competition with respect.

I suppose they will fly down on the day rather than risk a overnighter?

I wonder if the side selected against Morecambe was a reaction to their apparently dire performance against Brighton the previous weekend. They play today and, after playing us, again next Saturday. That will be five games in fifteen days, something the pampered Premier League players don't often have to deal with. They might be thinking, are we really expecting to win this competition? I think they will play three or four regulars and hope for the best.

I don’t think we will hear much about this game from Newcastle until after their game today.

I suspect they will put out a mixture of regulars and a few younger ones to give them a chance. Their bench players will probably all be regulars.