Re: Newcastle

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... nited-sky/

Newport County AFC's Carabao Cup fourth round clash against Newcastle United has been selected for Sky Sports coverage.

The Exiles, who have reached the fourth round of the competition for the first time in the club's history, will take on Steve Bruce's men in front of the television cameras on Wednesday 30th September, with a kick-off time of 5:30pm.

Michael Flynn's men overcame Swansea City, Cambridge United and Watford to set up a fourth round tie against the Premier League Magpies, who sealed a 7-0 win against Morecambe in the previous round, at Rodney Parade.

It will be the first meeting between the two clubs since June 1947, when the Exiles came out on top with a 4-2 victory in the Football League Second Division.

Contact Newport County AFC’s Commercial Manager, Matthew Owen, on commercial@newport-county.co.uk or call 07468723638 for commercial opportunities.

Collars wrote:On the telly - 5.30 next wednesday!
That's great news. Deserved reward for the players efforts so far, and any revenue is always greatly received

Willthiswork wrote: It will be the first meeting between the two clubs since June 1947, when the Exiles came out on top with a 4-2 victory in the Football League Second Division.
Momentum is with us!

Great news
Last time we were on TV my Sports Bar "The Volunteer" could only show 3 different channels...There were other bigger matches on and no-one else in Godalming is too enthusiastic so I left a tad disappointed (an understatement)!
Sky showing any others?

Willthiswork wrote:Good idea to maximise profit and share out to the charities:

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... portunity/
100% agree with that statement.

Hopefully the raffle will bring in a substantial amount for all 3 charities.
How will that be organised as no details yet?

Far more if we nick a win of course.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Raffle?

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Raffle?
Raffle = Auction ... presumably.

mad norm wrote:Great news
Last time we were on TV my Sports Bar "The Volunteer" could only show 3 different channels...There were other bigger matches on and no-one else in Godalming is too enthusiastic so I left a tad disappointed (an understatement)!
Sky showing any others?
Should be OK this time, Norm. Presumably two on Tuesday and two on Wednesday. Early and late kickoffs. Make sure you get there early. I wonder if kickoff times have been adjusted so the second game will be completed (possibly penalties) before the 10pm closure in pubs.

Thanks.... don't think there'll be a massive queue!!!
Shall dust my Top Hat off and make a noise :cheers:

Has anyone tried watching Sky Sports on NowTV? Was considering paying a tenner to watch the Newcastle game on there but don't know how reliable it is.

BlackandAmber, I have used Now TV app on my smart TV with no problems. I have paid for the sports Pass many times and watched the games. No technical issues to report. I will do the same again for Newcastle game.

RiscaRascal wrote:BlackandAmber, I have used Now TV app on my smart TV with no problems. I have paid for the sports Pass many times and watched the games. No technical issues to report. I will do the same again for Newcastle game.
So I could watch it on my laptop without any other equipment like a NowTV box?