Re: Ellison

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
supporter wrote:In the current climate Ellison will be massive around the club, great signing old head been there and done it, important piece of the structure jigsaw.
Morning mate.
Hope all good.
As always admire your positivity, quite often we vary on our views but that's what County is all about.
I really hope you are spot on here but I will stick with my view that this is a backward move for the club.
I actually feel far stronger about this signing (already stated).
With the current situation sadly I wont be renewing my season ticket but if things ever get back to normality I will be first in the queue.

Cheers

Harps
Well Frank, you have obviously made a wise decision as regards your wellbeing. From a selfish point of view, I hope you are way off beam. My prediction for the season is 16th. If that comes about I will witness some good, bad and indifferent performances. No change there.
As regards Ellison, strange decision, but he'll have his moments. Could be fun.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
supporter wrote:In the current climate Ellison will be massive around the club, great signing old head been there and done it, important piece of the structure jigsaw.
Morning mate.
Hope all good.
As always admire your positivity, quite often we vary on our views but that's what County is all about.
I really hope you are spot on here but I will stick with my view that this is a backward move for the club.
I actually feel far stronger about this signing (already stated).
With the current situation sadly I wont be renewing my season ticket but if things ever get back to normality I will be first in the queue.

Cheers

Harps
Well Frank, you have obviously made a wise decision as regards your wellbeing. From a selfish point of view, I hope you are way off beam. My prediction for the season is 16th. If that comes about I will witness some good, bad and indifferent performances. No change there.
As regards Ellison, strange decision, but he'll have his moments. Could be fun.
Each to their own and all views welcome on this board obviously.

Mine, I think we will end up a few points above the relegation zone. Whether that puts us in 19th, 20th or 21st position who knows. I do feel a bit more optimistic than I did a few weeks ago. However, this will be the most unusual season we will see for a long, long time. The Covid season.

Ellison, hmm. I won't criticise before he plays and I suspect that he has been brought here more for his coaching plans and dressing room demeanour. On that point he is an excellent replacement for Pipey. At the end of the day though he will probably be remembered for what he does on the pitch. At 41, we'll see. We have no option but to trust in MF at the moment.

Good luck Kev. Would love Taff to do a follow up interview in a few months. That would be interesting. :grin:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Seriously Exile.
Frank played out wide apart from 1 game for us (hat trick).
Its got to be a wind up comparing Frank with Kevin.
I know which one I would take first and I bet you do too.
I did also state Frank wasted his obvious talent too many games for us.
At Wembley he was terrible and in the limelight that evening.
Ellison is a winger.

Yep doing well Frank and not for the first time we differ in our opinions, I have no problem with that.

I just think we're going to need big personalities and Ellison fits into that category. I heard a few seasons ago he wanted to play for us and likes the place which will do for me.

There's so much uncertainty at the moment and upbeat personalities which he is can give any working environment a lift.

Season tickets renewed so will be in a family bubble with Martin and Izzy hope to catch you when things are safer.

The mighty county are back let's get behind them, I think we'll be more than comfortable.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:He's here do earn his badges with the FAW. He'll spend most of his time working behind the scenes, might get a run out here and there and will hopefully notch a couple of goals. Players that have played with him bang on about his role in the dressing room and the atmosphere he contributes. We missed a player like Pipey last season, if Ellison brings a similar element to that, I've got no real issue.

Plus he has a 100% win ratio as a manager, so if Flynny doesn't do the job we've got his replacement ready. :cheers:
Unbelievable comments so we pay a total stranger with no allegiance to the county to get his badges.
No he'll likely get his courses funded by the PFA.
If he is that great in the dressing room tell me why did the Morecambe manager boot him out last Xmas.
Because Derek Adams is an arrogant *******.
Last edited by DT1892 on September 5th, 2020, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Don't get we sign a player not played a game for us yet, yet posters on here can't welcome him just write him off unbelievable
Nobody has written him off. He hasn't played yet. The poster you probably refer to says it is a backward step and we are a laughing stock. He is entitled to his views and I don't necessarily agree with him.

Just because in a previous post you welcomed him and others didn't does not make you right. Get off your moral high horse.

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Don't get we sign a player not played a game for us yet, yet posters on here can't welcome him just write him off unbelievable
Nobody has written him off. He hasn't played yet. The poster you probably refer to says it is a backward step and we are a laughing stock. He is entitled to his views and I don't necessarily agree with him.

Just because in a previous post you welcomed him and others didn't does not make you right. Get off your moral high horse.

Read through FN3's posts again Mike and tell me that he hasn't already written him off.

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Read through FN3's posts again Mike and tell me that he hasn't already written him off.
Yes, you do have a point. Just read Frank comment last night saying he should have retired. I reckon that is the closest he said to writing him off. FN may disagree. Guess he is pretty peeved that we have signed him. I’ll reserve judgement. Like most others who support the County though he’ll be pleased if and when KE scores his first goal for us. I certainly hope he is given an opportunity.

pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Yes, you do have a point. Just read Frank comment last night saying he should have retired. I reckon that is the closest he said to writing him off. FN may disagree. Guess he is pretty peeved that we have signed him. I’ll reserve judgement. Like most others who support the County though he’ll be pleased if and when KE scores his first goal for us. I certainly hope he is given an opportunity.

Just a few of the things he said about him, if this isn't writing him off then I don't know what is Mike.

"Total joke"
"the fella should be retired long ago".
"We must be odds on for relegation with this nonsensical signing".
"Seriously he will make no impression on the field of play".
"Its just a total joke"
"Total suckers in throwing valuable funds away"
"Its just nuts in fact its a disgrace".

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Just a few of the things he said about him, if this isn't writing him off then I don't know what is Mike.

"Total joke"
"the fella should be retired long ago".
"We must be odds on for relegation with this nonsensical signing".
"Seriously he will make no impression on the field of play".
"Its just a total joke"
"Total suckers in throwing valuable funds away"
"Its just nuts in fact its a disgrace".
To be fair to the idiot that's just his usual ramblings

If Frank's cracking open another bottle of Malbec tonight this thread could soon break the 100 post barrier.

Just to add a bit of context, Ellison was yet to play his first league game when today's Wales goal hero Neco Williams was born. ;)

The thing about opinions is that they are just that, opinions.

It is perfectly valid to argue that at 41 Ellison is too old. It is perfectly valid to argue that if he is fit he could be a tremendous short term acquisition. Time will tell.

Personally, and this is just my opinion. This signing is crazy. That does not mean that I don't wish Kevin Ellison all the best, I do. This does not mean I won't be delighted if I am proved wrong. I will.

But if you want a slightly overweight character who is knocking on a bit to play up front for County, I'll do it for free.