Re: Ellison

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Seriously this makes Newport County a laughing stock.

Oh give over Harps ffs.. It doesn't make us a laughing stock in the slightest.
Just enjoy your Malbec
The fella never got a kick for a struggling Morecambe side last season and never played after Xmas.
Always played up north.
41 years old with a poor goal scoring record to boot.

Guess what we are a laughing stock and total suckers in throwing valuable funds away.
Malbec good by the way.
Just having a bit of trifle now. :lol:
Totally gobsmacked with everything County currently.
See the Commercial manager has gone how many is that?.
Seriously we really are a laughing stock run by a willing bunch of clueless amateurs.
Amazing how fans, not all thankfully are happy to accept such crap.

I've got mixed feelings about this signing.

Agree with Frank that, I guess, other clubs will have a laugh at us offering Big Kev a contract at his age. It does appear to be a strange signing plus I'm not sure whether most County fans really trust MF's judgement when signing players.

But, more generally, the consensus amongst football fans across the lower leagues is that Kev is a good asset, does a great deal of community work helping those with depression, and he'll clearly be a good influence in the dressing room and on the training ground, particularly helping our younger strikers.

If, as a result, Collins or the lad on loan from Swinetown have a good, prolific season then that will show Big Kev's worth. So, a coach and leader on the pitch and on the subs bench.

In itself, signing a lower-league journeyman on the wrong side of 40, and without a recent record of scoring 20+ goals a season does look crazy, I think the bigger picture suggests this signing will have been worthwhile. I hope so anyway.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on September 5th, 2020, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

He's here do earn his badges with the FAW. He'll spend most of his time working behind the scenes, might get a run out here and there and will hopefully notch a couple of goals. Players that have played with him bang on about his role in the dressing room and the atmosphere he contributes. We missed a player like Pipey last season, if Ellison brings a similar element to that, I've got no real issue.

Plus he has a 100% win ratio as a manager, so if Flynny doesn't do the job we've got his replacement ready. :cheers:

DT1892 wrote:He's here do earn his badges with the FAW. He'll spend most of his time working behind the scenes, might get a run out here and there and will hopefully notch a couple of goals. Players that have played with him bang on about his role in the dressing room and the atmosphere he contributes. We missed a player like Pipey last season, if Ellison brings a similar element to that, I've got no real issue.

Plus he has a 100% win ratio as a manager, so if Flynny doesn't do the job we've got his replacement ready. :cheers:
Unbelievable comments so we pay a total stranger with no allegiance to the county to get his badges.
"Might get a run out here and there"
Gee Wiz so we are now a charity case.
If he is that great in the dressing room tell me why did the Morecambe manager boot him out last Xmas.
Its just nuts in fact its a disgrace.
No clubs near him must of been interested.
He gets on well with Flynny.
Whoopy Doo.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Just enjoy your Malbec
The fella never got a kick for a struggling Morecambe side last season and never played after Xmas.
Always played up north.

Guess what we are a laughing stock and total suckers in throwing valuable funds away.
Malbec good by the way.
Seriously we really are a laughing stock run by a willing bunch of clueless amateurs.

He fell out with the manager last season who ostracised him. Their fans were livid.
You don't know how much we are paying him, you don't know how well the other players have or will improve with him around and also Flynny has made this decision based on actually watching him play and train with us, so at least give the lad a fecking chance before writing him off, as you have seemingly done with every single player we have signed.
From what I gather, and it may not be true, but I was told Alex has got a job with Swansea City.
With regards to his poor scoring record (Ellison's, not Alex :wink: :lol: ), yep its not great, but let's compare his stats of the last two seasons to, in your opinion, the best & classiest player to put on a County shirt since we reformed, Frank Nouble. Bear in mind that Ellison also played for a much worse side that Noooobs did too. Not much difference in them.

Nouble :- 14 in 92
Ellison :- 9 in 73

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Just enjoy your Malbec
Always played up north.

Malbec good by the way.

He fell out with the manager last season who ostracised him. Their fans were livid.
You don't know how much we are paying him, you don't know how well the other players have or will improve with him around and also Flynny has made this decision based on actually watching him play and train with us, so at least give the lad a fecking chance before writing him off, as you have seemingly done with every single player we have signed.
From what I gather, and it may not be true, but I was told Alex has got a job with Swansea City.
With regards to his poor scoring record (Ellison's, not Alex :wink: :lol: ), yep its not great, but let's compare his stats of the last two seasons to, in your opinion, the best & classiest player to put on a County shirt since we reformed, Frank Nouble. Bear in mind that Ellison also played for a much worse side that Noooobs did too. Not much difference in them.

Seriously Exile.
Frank played out wide apart from 1 game for us (hat trick).
Its got to be a wind up comparing Frank with Kevin.
I know which one I would take first and I bet you do too.
I did also state Frank wasted his obvious talent too many games for us.
At Wembley he was terrible and in the limelight that evening.

frank nouble 3 wrote:-
Seriously Exile.
Which is surely the same position that Kevin played in for Morecambe?

I would never criticise new signings before they have even kicked a ball for us - the time to do that is after a few matches, not before. Let's get behind the team and see what happens over the coming weeks!

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Just enjoy your Malbec
Always played up north.

Malbec good by the way.

Seriously Exile.
I know which one I would take first and I bet you do too.
I did also state Frank wasted his obvious talent too many games for us.
At Wembley he was terrible and in the limelight that evening.

Of course I can't compare them … one has scored over 150 goals in his career ...… and the other is Frank Nouble (currently less than 50 goals) :wink: .. Ellison plays out wide a lot too. As Flynny stated on a few occasions, Frank wasn't asked to play out wide, it's where he naturally drifts.

To be honest with you I wouldn't particularly want Nouble back, felt he was lazy and went missing in most games for us.
Also, with Noooobs almost 29 years old, he has yet to score double figures in the League in ANY season.

That said, now I've backed Ellison to do well for us he will no doubt get injured for the season in his first game :lol:
Last edited by Exile 1976 on September 5th, 2020, 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

supporter wrote:In the current climate Ellison will be massive around the club, great signing old head been there and done it, important piece of the structure jigsaw.
Morning mate.
Hope all good.
As always admire your positivity, quite often we vary on our views but that's what County is all about.
I really hope you are spot on here but I will stick with my view that this is a backward move for the club.
I actually feel far stronger about this signing (already stated).
With the current situation sadly I wont be renewing my season ticket but if things ever get back to normality I will be first in the queue.

Cheers

Harps