Re: Is he gone this time

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if he's in Bristol this very moment..... on a shopping trip now the five mile limit has been lifted. :wink:
Bit harsh. I mean if he wants to go on a shopping trip it's far easier, quicker and cheaper to go to Cardiff. And the St David's centre is better than anything Bristol has to offer. He'd be an eejit to go all the way to Bristol. Surely you don't think him that? :shock:

I strongly disagree with your assessment of Cardiff being better than Bristol for shopping.

As for the link with Bristol City and Michael Flynn then that's the best laugh I have had for years...

Mid table manager of a small club playing 'DIRE' football being chased by a team with plans to challenge for the Premier League ????
Even Walt Disney and his imagination couldn't / wouldn't imagine that.....Either that or M Flynn's agent is the 'second coming' if he even gets an interview for the job

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:All pure speculation at the moment. However, in two days his odds have gone from 25/1 to 4/6. One of several things must have happened;

Someone lumped on big money, or,
The Bookies snouts know something we don’t, or,
The Bookies are manipulating the odds so that people who back short odds will have a tempting flutter.

Scenario 3 seems more likely to me. I’m keeping my money in my wallet.

Just my opinion but I think there is a case to be made suggesting that sports betting should be limited to predicting results only. Just saying.

Hi Mike,

Went on the old interweb this morning to check the odds. Went into the Bet 365 site. Have to say that for problem gamblers it must be like a crack cocaine shop.

I agree with you about curtailing this type of behaviour by face corporations seeking to exploit human misery. And as at heart I am a libertarian this site came as a disturbing one.
Evening Brendan,

I am impressed. I went on the Bet 365 site to have a look but couldn’t find anything. It took me a few minutes to get past the offer for an introductory bonus for new account holders. I didn’t want that so I tried side stepping the front page.

Eventually got on the site but found nothing there. Perhaps it is because I am not an account holder with them.

Anyway, it doesn’t alter the fact that it is my belief that the Bookies are manipulating the odds for their own benefit.

I may be wrong, but I just cannot believe that MF is supposedly the second favourite as Manager for Bristol City. Bloody crazy. I would love to know what a professional gambler would make of the offer. I think the words barge pole would be used.

Exile 1976 wrote:You should all have betting accounts with Interbet and Paddy Power anyway ! :lol:
:wink: Didn’t need the County prompt for PP. Had an account with them a few years ago. Still have it but no longer used. They needed proof of ID via a photo a few years back to carry on with them and I couldn’t be bothered after all the money I had deposited with them. Ah well, I’ll lose my money elsewhere :grin:

Whilst I am not on the anti Flynn band wagon, I don’t see why Bristol City a reasonably good championship side with premiership ambitions would be interested in any league 2 manager with limited managerial experience.

Again when a managerial post occurs all manner of named get banded about.
Reading in Bristol Live that the Leeds and Brentford managers are in the running, now why on earth would they be interested when it is likely they both could get promoted to the premiership.

More likely to go for one of those merry go round managers such as Puliss, Warnknock

HE WON'T go there he'd be lucky to see the season out with us unless he bucks his ideas up. his signings, tactics, stubborness to keep playing his favourites. Mike this season really will be the making of you. You can start by making some decent signings, and PLAYING some football on the deck,