Potential Playing Budget Fund?

A few people have spoken to me about a crowd funding page for playing budget funds. I know it's a 2nd begging bowl but times are hard and the club need it. It's pretty obvious that a majority are not willing to support the sponsorship fund but would those people be willing to support a playing budget fund? I'd be willing to start it and put in £100. How many more would put in? If the response is good then I'll start the page.

Re: Potential Playing Budget Fund?

Taffweigan wrote:A few people have spoken to me about a crowd funding page for playing budget funds. I know it's a 2nd begging bowl but times are hard and the club need it. It's pretty obvious that a majority are not willing to support the sponsorship fund but would those people be willing to support a playing budget fund? I'd be willing to start it and put in £100. How many more would put in? If the response is good then I'll start the page.
Taff - is this not what the Supporters Trust currently do and already have done?

Mr Figo wrote:
Taffweigan wrote:A few people have spoken to me about a crowd funding page for playing budget funds. I know it's a 2nd begging bowl but times are hard and the club need it. It's pretty obvious that a majority are not willing to support the sponsorship fund but would those people be willing to support a playing budget fund? I'd be willing to start it and put in £100. How many more would put in? If the response is good then I'll start the page.
Taff - is this not what the Supporters Trust currently do and already have done?
Yeah, they 'bought' someone last year wasn't it?

I agree that we don't need another fund, even if the club might need revenue. The channel for giving money for all the club's needs has always been there. Trust membership. Maybe supporters should consider joining the scheme if they haven't done so since the original £10 annual payment moved to monthly donations. Those paying the basic £5 per month could increase to £10 and so on up the scale.

Me too.
According to Plymouth Argyle the EFL Board are meeting next Wednesday to discuss, amongst other things, a start date for the new season. Argyle are planning to release season ticket details after that meeting. They have informed their supporters of this plan.
Other clubs seem to be doing much the same. No doubt our club will communicate to us what they are planning to do - One day!

Edit - As far as I can tell this was the latest update from the club on 12 June!:-
Will I be able to purchase a Season Ticket for the 2021/22 Season?
A. As relayed a little earlier, this is a traditional revenue source for the Club and we have been working to strike a balance between protecting that critical source of income against the backdrop of the global pandemic. It is recognised that the pandemic will have had an impact on both supporters and indeed the Club. We will communicate over the coming weeks on this matter.
Last edited by County Exile on July 2nd, 2020, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I'll be doing that too, but it would help if the EFL could give some framework by just saying if a full season would be 22 games or 23.
Which currently depends upon the National League being open for business to accommodate Stevenage. If so, then League Two is one team light, if not Stevenage get lucky. Have I got that right?

allontheamber wrote:Sadly I think many supporters will look at the dross signed last year, many on two year contracts, and understand why the cup money has disappeared. Be prepared for extensive communication from the club coupled with the passing of the well used begging bowl.
Maybe I’m naive and giving the board the benefit of the doubt, but I think many people don’t understand how expensive it is to run a club in the Football League, especially one that doesn’t have many revenue streams at the best of times