Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

The Wolf wrote:It would be a good idea for people that can not access your online group or are unable find time (too busy and so on). To keep them informed of your discussions, that would bring other people together that would otherwise be unable access etc (as stated above). I'm sure you will get a lot more suggestions ( people would feel that they are helping a lot more). I also think the more ways you find to include people the better.
Why not join the group and do what you say? I've given you the details.

Willthiswork wrote:Simple enough for everyone.

If you are interested in actually doing something apart from spouting off and criticising what others have tried then PM me and i'll give you the group details.

No more from me on this. Case closed.
Nobody, as far as I can see, is being critical of the people involved. It is though a fair question to ask what has been achieved? You know my view. Set up the Trust with the sole aim of raising funds to develop a stadium. Whilst an endorsement by the club would be welcome, for the very understandable reason that the club have short term issues, there will always be a tendency for the club to turn this group into a fund raising group and that in my view will prove fatal.

And finishing any post with the sentence 'Case closed.' smacks of an appalling arrogance.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Simple enough for everyone.

If you are interested in actually doing something apart from spouting off and criticising what others have tried then PM me and i'll give you the group details.

No more from me on this. Case closed.
Nobody, as far as I can see, is being critical of the people involved. It is though a fair question to ask what has been achieved? You know my view. Set up the Trust with the sole aim of raising funds to develop a stadium. Whilst an endorsement by the club would be welcome, for the very understandable reason that the club have short term issues, there will always be a tendency for the club to turn this group into a fund raising group and that in my view will prove fatal.

And finishing any post with the sentence 'Case closed.' smacks of an appalling arrogance.

Plus I have no idea why a private message should be involved . Just post the f*cking details then everybody knows how to join. That just sounded them and us.

Re: Fundraising for our own stadium

County4Life wrote:I like Rodney Parade. I want to stay there :roll: :bounce:

There's nothing to say that we couldn't stay there unless the Welsh Rugby Union say differently. When I say Fundraising for our own stadium doesn't necessarily mean a new build. We could Fundraise to either make an offer to the Welsh Rugby Union for Rodney Parade or buy 50/50 shares in the stadium and then sometime in the future buy the stadium from them, as long we put that somewhere in the contact and as long as they also agree to the idea.

The Newport wrote:
County4Life wrote:I like Rodney Parade. I want to stay there :roll: :bounce:

There's nothing to say that we couldn't stay there unless the Welsh Rugby Union say differently. When I say Fundraising for our own stadium doesn't necessarily mean a new build. We could Fundraise to either make an offer to the Welsh Rugby Union for Rodney Parade or buy 50/50 shares in the stadium and then sometime in the future buy the stadium from them, as long we put that somewhere in the contact and as long as they also agree to the idea.
RP has to be number 1 option. Transport links for fans make it easily the preferred option

The NCFC Hippy wrote:why don't we set up a just giving page with a £5 million target - to be supplemented by the club and council and sports /health bodies once target is reached - if we set it up with NRFC fans then there's a nice big pool of people to contribute to the total.
Good idea.

Re: Zoom Stadium Fund discussion

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
old ironside wrote:If I remember rightly not all the 3.75 m was used for buying RP some was used to pay off T Brown and Hazell plus some money went to Newport rugby. I think it was 1.25m paid for RP.
To be clear this criticism has nothing to do with the board of directors of Newport County AFC.

Whether it was £3.75 million or £1.25million makes no difference. That an area of land that size in Newport city centre exchanged hands for so little stinks of corruption. Who was corrupt I have no idea but Newport RFC were shafted.
I must agree with you, Stan. There must be an investigation into the sale.