Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 28 Sept, 20:00

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:August board meeting minutes.

5, Rodney Parade.

GF led a discussion on RP.

That's it!

One sentence.
Am I missing something here Frank? How could GF comment in the August board meeting about a stadium focus meeting taking place in September?
The quote is from the new Trust Board meeting email for August.
It simply says, as Harps has put, "GF led a discussion on RP"... that's it

I'm not sure that the Aug minutes and the discussion about RP relate to the conversation that Gavin and myself had this month.

In terms of an update, the meeting that myself and WTW had with Gavin and Peter was very positive. The group has been asked to work with the club and we are looking to discuss next week how we can assist from here on in. Needless to say, the stadium issue is still the raison d'etre of the group, although short term and in the current climate, the group will be looking to assist the club in short term initiatives with the stadium being a longer term aim. The group has a number of individuals that are keen to get involved with the club and help in anyway they can. We are not experienced in the business that is football and this is where, we hope, that the BoD and Supporters Trust will assist us. I would welcome ideas and initiatives as the BoD are open to ways of increasing revenue and if anyone has ideas then please get in contact with me or join the next meeting which I will schedule in a couple of weeks.

Mr Figo wrote:I'm not sure that the Aug minutes and the discussion about RP relate to the conversation that Gavin and myself had this month.

In terms of an update, the meeting that myself and WTW had with Gavin and Peter was very positive. The group has been asked to work with the club and we are looking to discuss next week how we can assist from here on in. Needless to say, the stadium issue is still the raison d'etre of the group, although short term and in the current climate, the group will be looking to assist the club in short term initiatives with the stadium being a longer term aim. The group has a number of individuals that are keen to get involved with the club and help in anyway they can. We are not experienced in the business that is football and this is where, we hope, that the BoD and Supporters Trust will assist us. I would welcome ideas and initiatives as the BoD are open to ways of increasing revenue and if anyone has ideas then please get in contact with me or join the next meeting which I will schedule in a couple of weeks.
I have a plethora of ideas and happy to share Mr Figo, or 'will this work', so they can be gateway/filter to shorten the list, based on the template prepared by 'will this work' , key to success, and maintenance of costs, is to include the skills of the Linkedin County Support group, whichj has members around the Globe. Colin

Willthiswork wrote:
excessbee wrote:

5, Rodney Parade.

That's it!

One sentence.
Am I missing something here Frank? How could GF comment in the August board meeting about a stadium focus meeting taking place in September?
Ignore him, he's just trying to wind people up.
Moderator.
An apology would be good.
Your comment is totally out of order.
As per my quote the only comment made at the August meeting relating to RP was exactly what I have quoted.
Rather annoyed at your reply.
Should a moderator make such a comment also?
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on September 29th, 2020, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:

5, Rodney Parade.

That's it!

One sentence.
Am I missing something here Frank? How could GF comment in the August board meeting about a discussion with Mr Figo scheduled for September 23rd?
Yes you missed something.
GF just had one sentence in the August minutes relating to RP as per my thread.

Mr Figo wrote:I'm not sure that the Aug minutes and the discussion about RP relate to the conversation that Gavin and myself had this month.

Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on September 29th, 2020, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Evening Mr Figo.
Its not relating to your meeting.
It just seemed surprising that such an important part of our clubs possible major future problems was summed up in 1 line.

Exile 1976 wrote:
excessbee wrote:

5, Rodney Parade.

That's it!

One sentence.
The quote is from the new Trust Board meeting email for August.
It simply says, as Harps has put, "GF led a discussion on RP"... that's it
Cheers Exile.

We only met once ( and briefly ) in a cup tie ticket queue - an occasion that nearly did for me because of the hanging around for hours in the cold but I could see that you were and are a genuine man with only the best of motives for the club. I can’t help but feel that the direction of your endeavours will be well and truly deflected by the necessary contamination :grin: of contact with the board. This isn’t necessarily a criticism of them or you , they need cash now, you need them to buy into your dream. My thoughts for what it’s worth is that:-
a) do they really share your objectives?
b) is there a realistic site better than RP feasible as far as most of the fans are concerned? And,
c) would it be better to resign ourselves to RP and approach them for a buy-in? Just asking :lol: Besides you never know until you ask and the way the economy is going, sharing stadia may not only be “ de rigeur “ but if not a “ raison d’être “ then perhaps the “ the only way of being “ - sorry my French isn’t up to that!
All the best in your endeavours, kind regards Mike

lowandhard wrote:

We only met once ( and briefly ) in a cup tie ticket queue - an occasion that nearly did for me because of the hanging around for hours in the cold but I could see that you were and are a genuine man with only the best of motives for the club. I can’t help but feel that the direction of your endeavours will be well and truly deflected by the necessary contamination :grin: of contact with the board. This isn’t necessarily a criticism of them or you , they need cash now, you need them to buy into your dream. My thoughts for what it’s worth is that:-
b) is there a realistic site better than RP feasible as far as most of the fans are concerned? And,
c) would it be better to resign ourselves to RP and approach them for a buy-in? Just asking :lol: Besides you never know until you ask and the way the economy is going, sharing stadia may not only be “ de rigeur “ but if not a “ raison d’être “ then perhaps the “ the only way of being “ - sorry my French isn’t up to that!
Hi Mike,

Whilst I have to accept both of us could be wrong, I agree. The board of Newport County share the same objective, whatever my criticisms of the board I don't doubt that they wish to see a successful club. However the fact remains that the board have short to medium term concerns, long term we need a stadium.

I personally believe that the best solution is Rodney Parade. But that can only work if the rugby are our equal partners not our landlords. And how to convince the Dragons or the WRU that giving up half of Rodney Parade to, for them, is a rival code, is frankly beyond my powers of persuasion.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Hi Mike,

Whilst I have to accept both of us could be wrong, I agree. The board of Newport County share the same objective, whatever my criticisms of the board I don't doubt that they wish to see a successful club. However the fact remains that the board have short to medium term concerns, long term we need a stadium.

I personally believe that the best solution is Rodney Parade. But that can only work if the rugby are our equal partners not our landlords. And how to convince the Dragons or the WRU that giving up half of Rodney Parade to, for them, is a rival code, is frankly beyond my powers of persuasion.
Yes I think we’ve reached more or less the same
waypoint on the journey to a suitable long term home for us. We’d all like the same thing which is why I always find a couple of quid for the Euromillions with Uptheport in order to build the “ message board stadium “ (and I’m desperate for the lowandhardandinthecorner terrace to be constructed) but in the meantime we have to be realistic.
As regards buying into RP, it’s difficult to see where the economy is going but where silver tongues may fail, simple economics may be the lubricant.