Stadium Focus Group:

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby BertieB » November 10th, 2020, 6:12 pm

If football loving business men and football supporters started a donations group and got it going, successfully, then perhaps the business people amongst us could maybe invite SirTerry Mathews to join our group with the aim of getting the City of Newport a stadium to reflect favourably with other cities, after all we already have the Prince of Wales Bridge bringing trade ettc to first city visitors reach on entering Wales with events like the Golf , Rugby and numerous sporting meetings at "thCome on the Porte castle on the hill" ---The Celtic Manor........................well there's no harm in suggesting.!!..
Come on the Port !! .. Bob Bassett
no avatar
User

BertieB

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby BertieB » November 11th, 2020, 2:25 pm

That phrase" at "thCome on the Port castle on the hill"-- above is a miss print so ignore it please Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby BertieB » November 25th, 2020, 6:54 pm

Why dont somebody ask Sir Terry Mathews if he would like to become a donor of Football stadium as part of his changing everything in this area to bring the City of Newport to stand alongside his "castle on the hill," The Celtic Manor Resort" in grandeur.
.
no avatar
User

jonescmj1

Location

Sydney

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby jonescmj1 » November 28th, 2020, 2:05 am

https://www.cameo.com/ Now there's a fundraising idea, seem familiar!

Colin
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby lowandhard » November 29th, 2020, 9:51 pm

BertieB wrote:Why dont somebody ask Sir Terry Mathews if he would like to become a donor of Football stadium as part of his changing everything in this area to bring the City of Newport to stand alongside his "castle on the hill," The Celtic Manor Resort" in grandeur.
.


Best of luck getting any money out of him! In any case he’d want to name it the “ Vale of Usk “ stadium near Cardiff :roll: :evil: :evil:
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 30th NOVEMBER 20:00

Postby Willthiswork » November 30th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Zoom details for 8pm: Vanessa Norhausen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Vanessa Norhausen's Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting
https://checkout.zoom.us/j/5694301338?p ... Fyd2gzQT09

Meeting ID: 569 430 1338
Passcode: 197011
One tap mobile
+442034815240,,5694301338#,,,,,,0#,,197011# United Kingdom
+442039017895,,5694301338#,,,,,,0#,,197011# United Kingdom


Meeting ID: 569 430 1338
Passcode: 197011
Find your local number: https://checkout.zoom.us/u/acPD88ln8a
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby Willthiswork » December 3rd, 2020, 9:33 am

Next Meeting:

Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Please feel free to drop in and share some nuggets that may ultimately help YOUR club?
no avatar
User

countymadbel

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby countymadbel » December 3rd, 2020, 8:26 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby Mr Figo » December 3rd, 2020, 8:58 pm

countymadbel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.


The Club has asked the group to assist in a number of projects, through the Trust, which some of the group have started to undertake. The stadium issue is still at the core of the group but for now there are other areas that require "bandwidth".
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby Stan A. Einstein » December 4th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Mr Figo wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.


The Club has asked the group to assist in a number of projects, through the Trust, which some of the group have started to undertake. The stadium issue is still at the core of the group but for now there are other areas that require "bandwidth".


There are always other areas which require bandwidth. Unfortunately that has been the problem for over 30 years. The answer to Countymadbel's question is none.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby pembsexile » December 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.


The Club has asked the group to assist in a number of projects, through the Trust, which some of the group have started to undertake. The stadium issue is still at the core of the group but for now there are other areas that require "bandwidth".


There are always other areas which require bandwidth. Unfortunately that has been the problem for over 30 years. The answer to Countymadbel's question is none.


I feel compelled to answer this post as Brendan’s answer to the question seems brutal. Clinically brutal.

Having attended every stadium group meeting for that past three months I can confirm that Brendans answer is analytically correct. Correct, but it does not paint the whole picture.

The word ‘none’ in this instance needs an explanation. From the County point of view a group has emerged making representations about the need for a stadium to call our own. That was my reason (and Brendan’s) for joining the group in the first instance. It still is.

It is clear that the club wish us to ‘prove our mettle’ which is what we are trying to do at the moment. There are lots of things going on in the background that will have to remain confidential for the time being. There is nothing sinister in this, it is just how it has to be for the time being. It is not for me to make it public. In case anyone thinks there is something sinister, then please join our next meeting on Monday. All invited. The invite is on this thread.

The primary objective of the group is to get a stadium of our own. If it wasn’t, I would not be on the group and I have made that point clear. Building trust and confidence, that is where we are at the moment. Exploring the idea of making money in other ways for the club first. That is not the path I would have chosen, but, such is life. You don’t always get what you want. There are alternate routes to the eventual goal. If things don’t go the way I feel it should, then, we’ll see. For the moment I am in agreement with what the group are trying to do. The work that some on the group are doing is superb. I am glad they are on board.

Next meeting Monday 8pm. All invited.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby Stan A. Einstein » December 4th, 2020, 11:00 pm

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.


The Club has asked the group to assist in a number of projects, through the Trust, which some of the group have started to undertake. The stadium issue is still at the core of the group but for now there are other areas that require "bandwidth".


There are always other areas which require bandwidth. Unfortunately that has been the problem for over 30 years. The answer to Countymadbel's question is none.


I feel compelled to answer this post as Brendan’s answer to the question seems brutal. Clinically brutal.

Having attended every stadium group meeting for that past three months I can confirm that Brendans answer is analytically correct. Correct, but it does not paint the whole picture.

The word ‘none’ in this instance needs an explanation. From the County point of view a group has emerged making representations about the need for a stadium to call our own. That was my reason (and Brendan’s) for joining the group in the first instance. It still is.

It is clear that the club wish us to ‘prove our mettle’ which is what we are trying to do at the moment. There are lots of things going on in the background that will have to remain confidential for the time being. There is nothing sinister in this, it is just how it has to be for the time being. It is not for me to make it public. In case anyone thinks there is something sinister, then please join our next meeting on Monday. All invited. The invite is on this thread.

The primary objective of the group is to get a stadium of our own. If it wasn’t, I would not be on the group and I have made that point clear. Building trust and confidence, that is where we are at the moment. Exploring the idea of making money in other ways for the club first. That is not the path I would have chosen, but, such is life. You don’t always get what you want. There are alternate routes to the eventual goal. If things don’t go the way I feel it should, then, we’ll see. For the moment I am in agreement with what the group are trying to do. The work that some on the group are doing is superb. I am glad they are on board.

Next meeting Monday 8pm. All invited.


Evening Mike,

For me Newport County existed before I was born, and will continue after I die. Nobody who saw Cpunty' s first league game, played in that game, or was a club official of the club is still alive. Indeed the majority of people who attended the first game I saw in the mid 1960's are no longer with us. The club is forever, it's servants are not.

There will be ups and downs but if we are ever to reach our full potential we have to have a stadium in which we have a proper stake. My fear as you know was that with the best of intentions this group will simply become another fund raising vehicle for the club. And unless and until a trust fund is set up with ringfenced criteria to develop a stadium then progress will not be made.

Forgive me if I appear brutal but for me the reason I no longer participate is because the group is doing exactly what I feared it would. I suppose that the question I would really the members of the group to ask themselves is this. How long until 'things are happening behind the scenes' will no longer suffice? If there is no progress by Easter? June? Next season?

I have no personal criticism of anyone but in any project targets need to be set. And in my view that isn't being done. If you read this thread, or look on the WhatsApp thread the conversation is no longer primarily about how to develop a fit for purpose stadium. And how to develop a stadium should not be the primary subject, it should be the only subject.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby pembsexile » December 5th, 2020, 12:56 am

The Wolf wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.


The Club has asked the group to assist in a number of projects, through the Trust, which some of the group have started to undertake. The stadium issue is still at the core of the group but for now there are other areas that require "bandwidth".


There are always other areas which require bandwidth. Unfortunately that has been the problem for over 30 years. The answer to Countymadbel's question is none.


I feel compelled to answer this post as Brendan’s answer to the question seems brutal. Clinically brutal.

Having attended every stadium group meeting for that past three months I can confirm that Brendans answer is analytically correct. Correct, but it does not paint the whole picture.

The word ‘none’ in this instance needs an explanation. From the County point of view a group has emerged making representations about the need for a stadium to call our own. That was my reason (and Brendan’s) for joining the group in the first instance. It still is.

It is clear that the club wish us to ‘prove our mettle’ which is what we are trying to do at the moment. There are lots of things going on in the background that will have to remain confidential for the time being. There is nothing sinister in this, it is just how it has to be for the time being. It is not for me to make it public. In case anyone thinks there is something sinister, then please join our next meeting on Monday. All invited. The invite is on this thread.

The primary objective of the group is to get a stadium of our own. If it wasn’t, I would not be on the group and I have made that point clear. Building trust and confidence, that is where we are at the moment. Exploring the idea of making money in other ways for the club first. That is not the path I would have chosen, but, such is life. You don’t always get what you want. There are alternate routes to the eventual goal. If things don’t go the way I feel it should, then, we’ll see. For the moment I am in agreement with what the group are trying to do. The work that some on the group are doing is superb. I am glad they are on board.

Next meeting Monday 8. All invited.



First of all can I just say that I'm not being picky, but the 8th December is on a Tuesday. So if you don't mind me asking is it on Monday 7th or Tuesday 8th. Edit (I can now see that you have changed it to 8pm Monday unless I miss read what you had written). My apologies.

Can I also ask would it be ok if someone joined your group on my behalf just to listen to what the group is all about and to come up with some Idea's like I did above, (that person will be my ears so to speak) and that person will then also report all to me, but if you say "No", I will respect your decision.


I have no decision to make. If you want to join the group, please feel free to do so. It is not ‘my’ group, I don’t have any authority to decide one way or another. Join in, all welcome, nothing to hide.

To be clear, I have no idea what the date is, but the next meeting is next Monday at 8pm. I didn’t set it up, someone else did. It’s on Zoom.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby pembsexile » December 5th, 2020, 1:09 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way but what progress have we made regarding new stadium plans.


The Club has asked the group to assist in a number of projects, through the Trust, which some of the group have started to undertake. The stadium issue is still at the core of the group but for now there are other areas that require "bandwidth".


There are always other areas which require bandwidth. Unfortunately that has been the problem for over 30 years. The answer to Countymadbel's question is none.


I feel compelled to answer this post as Brendan’s answer to the question seems brutal. Clinically brutal.

Having attended every stadium group meeting for that past three months I can confirm that Brendans answer is analytically correct. Correct, but it does not paint the whole picture.

The word ‘none’ in this instance needs an explanation. From the County point of view a group has emerged making representations about the need for a stadium to call our own. That was my reason (and Brendan’s) for joining the group in the first instance. It still is.

It is clear that the club wish us to ‘prove our mettle’ which is what we are trying to do at the moment. There are lots of things going on in the background that will have to remain confidential for the time being. There is nothing sinister in this, it is just how it has to be for the time being. It is not for me to make it public. In case anyone thinks there is something sinister, then please join our next meeting on Monday. All invited. The invite is on this thread.

The primary objective of the group is to get a stadium of our own. If it wasn’t, I would not be on the group and I have made that point clear. Building trust and confidence, that is where we are at the moment. Exploring the idea of making money in other ways for the club first. That is not the path I would have chosen, but, such is life. You don’t always get what you want. There are alternate routes to the eventual goal. If things don’t go the way I feel it should, then, we’ll see. For the moment I am in agreement with what the group are trying to do. The work that some on the group are doing is superb. I am glad they are on board.

Next meeting Monday 8pm. All invited.


Evening Mike,

For me Newport County existed before I was born, and will continue after I die. Nobody who saw Cpunty' s first league game, played in that game, or was a club official of the club is still alive. Indeed the majority of people who attended the first game I saw in the mid 1960's are no longer with us. The club is forever, it's servants are not.

There will be ups and downs but if we are ever to reach our full potential we have to have a stadium in which we have a proper stake. My fear as you know was that with the best of intentions this group will simply become another fund raising vehicle for the club. And unless and until a trust fund is set up with ringfenced criteria to develop a stadium then progress will not be made.

Forgive me if I appear brutal but for me the reason I no longer participate is because the group is doing exactly what I feared it would. I suppose that the question I would really the members of the group to ask themselves is this. How long until 'things are happening behind the scenes' will no longer suffice? If there is no progress by Easter? June? Next season?

I have no personal criticism of anyone but in any project targets need to be set. And in my view that isn't being done. If you read this thread, or look on the WhatsApp thread the conversation is no longer primarily about how to develop a fit for purpose stadium. And how to develop a stadium should not be the primary subject, it should be the only subject.


Evening Brendan,

Your thoughts regarding the stadium and it’s importance are words that I could have written myself.

Regarding the wotsapp thread, if you are referring to people promoting the selling of tickets for the Euro lottery on this thread, then I think you should direct your comments to them, ask them why they put them on a stadium discussion forum. Yes, the discussion has ‘meandered’, I would like to keep it on track it, but I have no control over what other people write.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Stadium Focus Group: Next Meeting 7th DECEMBER 20:00

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 5th, 2020, 10:02 am

This group I believe was set up with the sole purpose of starting a fund to have one day our own stadium.
Reading all the posts despite the brilliant intention of the Forum originator it appears unfortunately that powers to be have now side tracked this so important cause.
Has literally any progress followed regarding the 1 purpose of setting up this group?
It appears that's not the case
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OLDCROMWELLIAN

Powered by phpBB ®