Re: Dom Jefferies Released

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's not hard to imagine a situation right across the industry where pretty much everyone who already has a contract for next season needs to sit on it and no-one hoping for a new deal can have one.
I get that, but from Dom’s message it doesn’t sound like he’s expecting to sit on the dole for a bit and pick up a County contract when it becomes viable, which is a shame

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Totally nuts.
Typical of Flynny, not interested in bringing youth through.
Stick to waste of space Journeymen.
Clueless.

Time will tell if Flynny has made the right decision. I wouldn’t have got rid of him as he looked a tidy player BUT I think Flynn knows there will be some absolute ‘bargains’ to be had this summer.
I don’t think any of the kids he’s released so far have even got as far as National League standard yet have they?
(I know Lewis Webb is at Swansea, and imo has a really good career in front of him, but yet to play a league game for them)

Exile 1976 wrote:
Clueless.

Time will tell if Flynny has made the right decision. I wouldn’t have got rid of him as he looked a tidy player BUT I think Flynn knows there will be some absolute ‘bargains’ to be had this summer.
I don’t think any of the kids he’s released so far have even got as far as National League standard yet have they?
(I know Lewis Webb is at Swansea, and imo has a really good career in front of him, but yet to play a league game for them)
My worry is that Flynny is not capable of picking the correct bargains though. Azeez, Poleon etc etc.
Truly woeful most of his signings over the last year or so.
Lets hope he has finally learned not to give 2 year contracts to anybody at our level.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Clueless.

I agree we have never released a youngster who has become a full time professional player - just because they come through the academy doesn’t make them good - although this to some appears to be the only stipulation for the next superstar. Some of the criticism around Flynn signings is justified but the players quoted have made a living out of football for sometime, something our released youngsters will never do - sad but reality.