Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:Boris " We must act now!! Starting Thursday " :roll:
Putting the village idiot in charge of a country was amusing. Watching Brexit from the safety of another place gave me days of huge enjoyment. The gift that kept on giving.

But this pandemic is not funny. 1,000's of UK citizens will die before their time because this clown puts populist agenda and popularity before doing the right thing. Here we locked down two weeks ago, and the mortality rate is half that of the UK. Johnson and Cummings chose to ignore the medical advice because it suits their political views.

May God forgive them.

whoareya wrote:I do not wish to offend anyone on what is a very sensitive subject, but this pandemic will inevitably lead to debate regarding society's expectations for mortality and longevity of life.

Everyone seems to want to live forever, but no one seems to want to pay for it.
:lol: :lol: We can’t do much about those who seek immortality except to advise them that they’re only likely to achieve a version of it through reputation.
What we could have done however, on a government level is to have encouraged good practice and that we have manifestly failed to do. Because of its incompetence over lockdown timing and the Cummings affair, not to mention not being proactive enough in encouraging mask-wearing, distancing and responsible behaviour generally, this government have lost the confidence and cooperation of the public. We are in a total mess and are in the lap of the gods, modern medicine and the hope of an effective, safe vaccine. It is by no means clear yet that such a vaccine will ever exist as I believe no vaccine effective against a coronavirus has ever been achieved.
For those reasons I believe it wise for those who are known to be vulnerable and who are reluctant to hasten to an early grave, to be extremely careful. We must strike balances and weigh risks of course but I for one would not risk my life for a sporting event, a 17 year old might well come to a different decision but even then they should be sensible as to whom they are going home to and the health of the vulnerable they may come across in their daily life.
That’s my take on the situation, it’s a time for calm reflection and sensible behaviour. Scenes I have witnessed on news bulletins and the denial of facts and conspiracy theorising I see on social media, I’m afraid do not give me a lot of hope I must admit. Where such sensible adoption of precautions reigns the infection rate will be kept down, where it isn’t, chaos and ruin both health wise and economically will undoubtedly ensue. It’s not up to SARS-CoV-2 at all, it’s up to us.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Boris " We must act now!! Starting Thursday " :roll:
Putting the village idiot in charge of a country was amusing. Watching Brexit from the safety of another place gave me days of huge enjoyment. The gift that kept on giving.

But this pandemic is not funny. 1,000's of UK citizens will die before their time because this clown puts populist agenda and popularity before doing the right thing. Here we locked down two weeks ago, and the mortality rate is half that of the UK. Johnson and Cummings chose to ignore the medical advice because it suits their political views.

May God forgive them.
Exactly, as my wife has just pointed out, Covid-19 is a preventable disease. It’s just that the incompetence surrounding its handling is absolutely astounding considering it’s terrible effects.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:I do not wish to offend anyone on what is a very sensitive subject, but this pandemic will inevitably lead to debate regarding society's expectations for mortality and longevity of life.

2,000 a rabbi in Roman controlled Judea made a simple observation. He said the Sabbath was made for Man, not Man for for the Sabbath. Today we have a new religion. It is the Economy, which it seems is now all powerful. Which does of course beg a simple question. Does the Economy exist to serve people, or are we in existence merely to serve the Economy?
It seem that many people's god is called "Market Forces".

lowandhard wrote:

:lol: :lol: We can’t do much about those who seek immortality except to advise them that they’re only likely to achieve a version of it through reputation.
What we could have done however, on a government level is to have encouraged good practice and that we have manifestly failed to do. Because of its incompetence over lockdown timing and the Cummings affair, not to mention not being proactive enough in encouraging mask-wearing, distancing and responsible behaviour generally, this government have lost the confidence and cooperation of the public. We are in a total mess and are in the lap of the gods, modern medicine and the hope of an effective, safe vaccine. It is by no means clear yet that such a vaccine will ever exist as I believe no vaccine effective against a coronavirus has ever been achieved.
For those reasons I believe it wise for those who are known to be vulnerable and who are reluctant to hasten to an early grave, to be extremely careful. We must strike balances and weigh risks of course but I for one would not risk my life for a sporting event, a 17 year old might well come to a different decision but even then they should be sensible as to whom they are going home to and the health of the vulnerable they may come across in their daily life.
That’s my take on the situation, it’s a time for calm reflection and sensible behaviour. Scenes I have witnessed on news bulletins and the denial of facts and conspiracy theorising I see on social media, I’m afraid do not give me a lot of hope I must admit. Where such sensible adoption of precautions reigns the infection rate will be kept down, where it isn’t, chaos and ruin both health wise and economically will undoubtedly ensue. It’s not up to SARS-CoV-2 at all, it’s up to us.
Our eternal future is in the hands of God and not in "the lap of the gods".

Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

That’s just your opinion, it’s not fact. Go well, take care and may your god go with you. I put no trust in saviours and manage well enough without thanks all the same.

lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

That’s just your opinion, it’s not fact. Go well, take care and may your god go with you. I put no trust in saviours and manage well enough without thanks all the same.
Yes it is my opinion. Your opinion is that we are in the lap of the gods. My opinion is that we are in the hands of Jesus Christ. It is good that we can share our opinions on this message board. Take care and may your gods' lap go with you.

Blackandamber wrote:
Yes it is my opinion. Your opinion is that we are in the lap of the gods. My opinion is that we are in the hands of Jesus Christ. It is good that we can share our opinions on this message board. Take care and may your gods' lap go with you.
I’d like to point out for your education that “ in the lap of the gods “ is a phrase meaning “ open to chance “ and doesn’t refer to any deity whatsoever, it doesn’t therefore have a lap in which I may or may not believe. You appear to me to be a religious zealot who never misses an opportunity to peddle your beliefs to all and sundry and I happen to think that a football messageboard is hardly the place for that. If you don’t enjoy my posts or opinions then you know what to do but please don’t bore me with your petty beliefs, they are of no consequence to me and have no bearing on this argument which is whether or not it is advisable to attend football matches in a pandemic, in case you’ve forgotten in the throes of your evangelical enthusiasm.

lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
I’d like to point out for your education that “ in the lap of the gods “ is a phrase meaning “ open to chance “ and doesn’t refer to any deity whatsoever, it doesn’t therefore have a lap in which I may or may not believe. You appear to me to be a religious zealot who never misses an opportunity to peddle your beliefs to all and sundry and I happen to think that a football messageboard is hardly the place for that. If you don’t enjoy my posts or opinions then you know what to do but please don’t bore me with your petty beliefs, they are of no consequence to me and have no bearing on this argument which is whether or not it is advisable to attend football matches in a pandemic, in case you’ve forgotten in the throes of your evangelical enthusiasm.
No I haven't forgotten, having started this post on 4th March as a whimsical comment about the likelihood of low crowds following 2 defeats. Most of the threads since have had more to do with the pandemic than football. I tell you what, since I've bored you with my beliefs, I'll buy you a pint at RP the next time we're allowed in.

Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
No I haven't forgotten, having started this post on 4th March as a whimsical comment about the likelihood of low crowds following 2 defeats. Most of the threads since have had more to do with the pandemic than football. I tell you what, since I've bored you with my beliefs, I'll buy you a pint at RP the next time we're allowed in.
Accepted in the spirit of County camaraderie.

lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Peace be with you both. :grin:

lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
What would you like to talk about over the pint? Gabriel JESUS CHRISTian Jolley? :lol:
Only joking lowandhard. Hope you take it in the right Spirit.

As you said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Peace on earth, goodwill to all County fans