Re: MANAGERS LOOKING FOR A JOB

He won’t be sacked and why would he walk away? Draw a line through this season then look at the real issue this club has faced the last few years and sort the recruitment issues and let Flynn go again. The club ain’t going down so that’s a plus. But if we are ever gonna get anything back from the deal they gave him recently then we need to allow him to go again next year and hopefully turn it around and then he will be a manager wanted again.

Bush wrote:He won’t be sacked and why would he walk away? Draw a line through this season then look at the real issue this club has faced the last few years and sort the recruitment issues and let Flynn go again. The club ain’t going down so that’s a plus. But if we are ever gonna get anything back from the deal they gave him recently then we need to allow him to go again next year and hopefully turn it around and then he will be a manager wanted again.
Dream on.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Bush wrote:He won’t be sacked and why would he walk away? Draw a line through this season then look at the real issue this club has faced the last few years and sort the recruitment issues and let Flynn go again. The club ain’t going down so that’s a plus. But if we are ever gonna get anything back from the deal they gave him recently then we need to allow him to go again next year and hopefully turn it around and then he will be a manager wanted again.
Dream on.
Explain? Club sacks him they have no budget for next season anyway! And he ain’t walking!

I tend to agree with viewpoint at the moment, but cannot help but wonder what is Lennie Lawrence's purpose at the club?
Is his vast experience having any positive impact? I'm at a loss if it is.
If his advice is largely being ignored what is the point in having him?

With regards to recruitment. Aren't the majority of the players already contracted for next season?

Exile 1976 wrote:There we are then, say nothing as we can’t afford to sack him and let’s carry on as things are . Great.
Say what you want but in reality this squad needs a massive overall more than a new manager and we will need every penny available. Bad enough some of these average players are on two year deals!

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:There we are then, say nothing as we can’t afford to sack him and let’s carry on as things are . Great.
Say what you want but in reality this squad needs a massive overall more than a new manager and we will need every penny available. Bad enough some of these average players are on two year deals!
Who signed them all.
Lets get rid and have another batch of no hopers for next season.
Whoops cannot do that as they are on 2 year contracts already.
Its a total joke.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Who signed them all.
Lets get rid and have another batch of no hopers for next season.
Whoops cannot do that as they are on 2 year contracts already.
Its a total joke.
Whoever is negotiating the deals for the club should be sacked. Agents must love negotiating with the person because they pull out pants down on every deal. I will never understand how a player who even admitted he can’t stay fit got a two year deal! Madness. Always thought the lack of football experience in the running of this club would come back to haunt us.

The two year contracts situation was explained at the last open meeting.

As I understood it, Flynn found himself last Summer having to recruit almost an entire squad either through negotiating contract extensions or finding new players.

As a result of this he decided to implement a two year rolling approach to recruitment so that each Summer he would only need to recruit half a squad.

I guess the hope being that there would be a proportion of players retained at the end of their 2 year contracts and a proportion of new players brought in each year going forward and a gradual improvement in the squad overall.

I guess we can't really judge whether this strategy works out until the start of the 2021/22 season but I can't see many of the new hires that were given 2 year contracts this season being retained for 21/22 so not looking promising in my view so far.

sblair1979 wrote:If i recall correctly it was stated that Elite Management had been advising on recruitment and that they would not continue this beyond the end of the season. Hopefully the club can find an alternative way to recruit that yields better results.

Can you honestly see that happening when the Manager is one of their clients ????????

neilcork68 wrote:
sblair1979 wrote:If i recall correctly it was stated that Elite Management had been advising on recruitment and that they would not continue this beyond the end of the season. Hopefully the club can find an alternative way to recruit that yields better results.

Can you honestly see that happening when the Manager is one of their clients ????????
It does seem odd but why did they make the statement then? Could have said nothing.

sblair1979 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

It does seem odd but why did they make the statement then? Could have said nothing.

To appease the fans ????

Agents are starting to run / ruin football IMO

As a client of Elite I can't see MF not using them regardless of what the statement said