Re: MANAGERS LOOKING FOR A JOB

Willthiswork wrote:We can't afford for him to be sacked.

We may now as well give him the chance to see out the season and see what we can do.

I know, a reversal of thought from me from a few weeks ago but realism has set in.
I've no idea if we can afford to sack him or not, but even if we could I'm not convinced that change, despite the very poor recent results/performances will bring about an upturn this season. I don't believe we have the Kudos to attract anyone of note with a good managerial record with the 'pull' to attract better players at this level anyhow. It appears to me we are still destined to only being able to attract players other teams don't want or to take a risk on those with a poor injury record.
We've had heavy defeats during MF's reign previously and bounced back. Didn't we lose at home 0-6 to Yoevil who got relegated that season? Obviously some were calling for him to be sacked then also. Believe we've had some noticeable successes since then by sticking with 'the devil you know.'

Think the disappointment has been felt more acutely felt this season due to the understandably raised expectations having just missing out on promotion last season, improved player budget, bigger squad and manager and BOD chairmen speaking openly of a promotion push.

Think the disappointment has been felt more acutely felt this season due to the understandably raised expectations having just missing out on promotion last season, improved player budget, bigger squad and manager and BOD chairmen speaking openly of a promotion push.[/quote]
IMHO it would have been a good season to be in and around at least the play-offs, top 10 as a minimum. What is extremely disappointing is the drop off in form since we played Northampton away. This was around the time of the Lincoln job. Looks like Flynn has lost his "mojo" and his heart is not in the job since then. The performances have woeful, the style of play all to similar and no ideas on how to change it.

I wonder if the BOD of Grimsby Town thought they would ever get Ian Holloway before they asked him ???

Paul Tisdale , would he turn the job down if offered it ? You dont know until you ask
Nathan Jones has stated on TV he is open to offers and if the project appealed to him he would drop down to League 2 level. He feels he can still manage in the Championship or League 1 but said he would willingly take a job if the right job came up that appealed/ matched to his ambitions in League 2

neilcork68 wrote:I wonder if the BOD of Grimsby Town thought they would ever get Ian Holloway before they asked him ???

Paul Tisdale , would he turn the job down if offered it ? You dont know until you ask
Nathan Jones has stated on TV he is open to offers and if the project appealed to him he would drop down to League 2 level. He feels he can still manage in the Championship or League 1 but said he would willingly take a job if the right job came up that appealed/ matched to his ambitions in League 2
That's fair comment. I clearly don't have your knowledge of available managers or indeed Football in general. The obvious question is why are they out of work? Why would Newport County be a job 'that appealed'?

neilcork68 wrote:I wonder if the BOD of Grimsby Town thought they would ever get Ian Holloway before they asked him ???

Moreover these individuals have failed at a higher level, and we need somebody who will fulfill our expectations to a degree as MF has done. I agree that the current situation is not ideal, and who knows what it takes other than financially to actually achieve our aim, alas and a big alas other than money is obviously the loyalty.......Where does that come into the frame in the modern game???
God only knows..........