Re: Ledley

George Street-Bridge wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:He's only 32 mind ffs
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Nice one, he's 33 tomorrow!

After Crofts, I would go for pay-per-game only.
Tend to agree - and I remember only too well what happens to your legs at about that age, and a yard is a lot for a professional footballer though obviously mitigated by class. I’d steer clear if there’s any doubt about fitness and only go for it on terms similar to those suggested by GSB.

I agree but the financial implications worry me. We are right to be ambitious and with the recent turn of results we are still in with a good chance of the play offs. However , we can't t afford to throw money away. The deal must be tight: no Waddles or Johnsons

From Argus -

“I’ll know next week,” said Flynn when asked if anything was likely to happen. “Yes, we’ve had a chat. I’ll know, hopefully, later (today) or early next week.

“I wouldn’t have talked to him if I didn’t (want him to sign).

“He’s fitted in well with all the players, all the boys get on with him and he gets on with the lads.

“If it could be done it’s a no-brainer.”

Amberexile wrote:From Argus -

“I’ll know next week,” said Flynn when asked if anything was likely to happen. “Yes, we’ve had a chat. I’ll know, hopefully, later (today) or early next week.

“He’s fitted in well with all the players, all the boys get on with him and he gets on with the lads.

Flynny please don't start all the business management speak no brained FFS

UPTHEPORT wrote:

Business Management speak ???

No brainer is a part of everyday vocabulary !?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Business Management speak ???

No brainer is a part of everyday vocabulary !?
That term is very triggering for people with no brain.

Percy plunkett wrote:He will probably hold out for a better deal from us or someone else,if nothing going,he will sign on Friday.
I'd have to agree. Very reminiscent of Labs in the summer.

Hoping for a bigger club but sees us as a decent plan B.

sblair1979 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He will probably hold out for a better deal from us or someone else,if nothing going,he will sign on Friday.
I'd have to agree. Very reminiscent of Labs in the summer.

Hoping for a bigger club but sees us as a decent plan B.
Tbh I suspect that we are a decent Plan B for most of players we look to sign.

Let’s see what happens there are upsides but need to be sure that his costs are manageable and his personality does not disrupt the dressing room - he has to accept its L2 spam not Championship caviar.
My view is that Ledley would need to be a special kind of character to make it work and I have no idea whether he is or not but the absence of other options may suggest he has a reputation that is scaring off some?