Re: GAME OFF

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
county37 wrote:can I just point out to the less enlightened on here, 3 degrees would have been the air temperature, the ground would have a lot colder hence slippery pavements etc.
Exactly. Sure that many gardeners will tell you that meteorological air temp. readings of 3 degrees taken at 1.25 meters above ground can result in ground/grass frost.
That's because the ground has a much higher thermal capacity than the air. It takes longer to cool down than air and longer to heat up. At the start of winter when the air temperature falls to zero the ground stays above zero until there is a long cold spell. Then when the air temperature rises the ground stays frozen for a longer time.
That's correct. If the pitch was unplayable at 6-30 pm it was unplayable at midday, two o'clock, four o'clock and so on.

At least one person cocked up.
So now you're saying the club statement was a lie? Interesting. Just get over it man, a game was called off in the middle of winter - woopdy doo.
No. I am saying that the probability is that the earlier inspection was inadequate.

Nice to see that you are back and like so many others incapable of logical thought. :roll:

No Brendan, the referee and both managers were happy the pitch was playable in the earlier inspection.
Nice to see once again that you simply haven’t got a clue muc. :roll:
Both managers were happy the game was going ahead at five. Both managers were happy for the game to go ahead at 6-30. Nothing you have written takes away from my point.

Either the first inspection should have resulted in the game being called off or the second inspection wrongly called it off. My suspicion, and no more than that is that at five o'clock it was nearly dark. The floodlights may not have been on and the problematic corners of the pitch were missed.

No logical thought whatsoever. It's not nice to see for me, your lack of thought before posting is depressing.

A lot of might's and maybe’s. Facts though remain that the managers and referee happy pitch playable at 5pm but referee not at 6:30. I very much doubt he missed the area's first time around in his inspection but suddenly did them second time :roll:
Now, it’s a close one, but do I believe the referee and managers who were actually at the ground and part of both inspections, or a bitter and twisted old fan (or are you still an ex fan?) from behind his keyboard in Ireland ?
Hmmm. :roll: :lol:

Brendan a referee makes a pitch inspection in his mind is that surface is playable at that time or not.

Now hour and whatever it was later the ref inspects pitch again and decided it wasn't fit at that moment in time obviously the temperature had dropped

UPTHEPORT wrote:Brendan a referee makes a pitch inspection in his mind is that surface is playable at that time or not.

Now hour and whatever it was later the ref inspects pitch again and decided it wasn't fit at that moment in time obviously the temperature had dropped
Jim,

The point being that the pitch could not have refrozen when the temperature was above freezing. It could and probably did fail to thaw. That the ground temperature is lower than the air temperature is for the reasons posted by another poster on the previous page. In terms the ground gets colder more slowly than the air and heats up less quickly than the air.

Two points. Firstly for the arguments being put to be correct, either the met office would have had to been in error when they gave the air temperature or the fundamental laws of physics are wrong.

Now I don't have a problem with people making argument which is wrong although a refusal to accept logic on their part is depressing.

Where I do have a problem is that Exile and rncfc have stated that I am accusing the club and both managers of lying. I haven't and if I let it go there are others who will believe that I have.

I believe for whatever reason the 5 o'clock inspection was inadequate. I don't think anyone has lied, I have no reason to suspect anyone has lied. I wrote someone made a cockup. I write what I think. I do not accept posters making accusations about me which are unfounded.

Even when he's wrong, it's someone else's fault for not being able to apply some sort of odd logic. No surprise he spends all his time posting on here rather than sitting in the living room; he'd be divorced in five minutes......as would I to be fair.

rncfc wrote:Even when he's wrong, it's someone else's fault for not being able to apply some sort of odd logic. No surprise he spends all his time posting on here rather than sitting in the living room; he'd be divorced in five minutes......as would I to be fair.
A lie is a statement which is known to be untruthful when it is made, or when an untrue statement is not corrected when the maker of the statement learns that the said statement is untrue.

A **** up is a mistake in popular vernacular.

Now help me. On what basis do you equate me saying someone is in error, to me saying someone is lying?

We have all had a welcome break from your nonsense, shame you're back.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Even when he's wrong, it's someone else's fault for not being able to apply some sort of odd logic. No surprise he spends all his time posting on here rather than sitting in the living room; he'd be divorced in five minutes......as would I to be fair.
A lie is a statement which is known to be untruthful when it is made, or when an untrue statement is not corrected when the maker of the statement learns that the said statement is untrue.

Now help me. On what basis do you equate me saying someone is in error, to me saying someone is lying?

At least two other people said it as well. What you said suggests the club statement is a lie. Bore off and get a hobby.

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

At least two other people said it as well.
I'm right because someone agrees with me is not the most persuasive argument is it?

UPTHEPORT wrote:Brendan a referee makes a pitch inspection in his mind is that surface is playable at that time or not.

Incorrect.
Fair enough for the Ref to call it off but the temperature did not drop below 3 degrees all evening

Some years ago, I went to watch Newport play in Stafford, with my brother. We parked up at the ground about one o'clock and walked back to the town for a beer. Came back at about twenty to three - game off, frozen pitch. We were surprised. Guess what, in that short time the temperature dropped. Seems to me, although I wasn't there on Tuesday, that the same thing happened. I can't believe this inquest is still going on.

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

At least two other people said it as well. What you said suggests the club statement is a lie. Bore off and get a hobby.
Back after your break!
Nothing changes, you never learn just want to post insults.
Another break beckons hopefully..

excessbee wrote:Some years ago, I went to watch Newport play in Stafford, with my brother. We parked up at the ground about one o'clock and walked back to the town for a beer. Came back at about twenty to three - game off, frozen pitch. We were surprised. Guess what, in that short time the temperature dropped. Seems to me, although I wasn't there on Tuesday, that the same thing happened. I can't believe this inquest is still going on.
Fair enough.
Its history now and looking forward to the 4th but lets get the facts correct not that it matters but the temperature never hit freezing all day. The worst was 3 degrees.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Back after your break!
Nothing changes, you never learn just want to post insults.
Another break beckons hopefully..
Check the thread of comments and decide for yourself who started throwing insults around.

Not a saying but two sided insults don't make it right.
Like I said its history.
It wasn't freezing but the ref called it as dangerous.
With possibly cold weather for a good few months, its a fact that if we get down to just a few degrees every game will be called off.
Pitch getting worse every game played on it.
Reckon by Mid Feb no grass left in places
Has The fail gone back into retirement now that you are back then?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:I think the 3 degrees best was 'When will I see you again'
When I hear 3 degrees I think of Cunningham , Batson and Regis of West Brom. Not only great players , but started the stand against Racism