Grandstand - Leicester City U21

Tuesday 21st January:
Newport County v Leicester City U-21.
Kick off 19:00.

County have reached this quarter final having qualified via goal difference from the group stage followed by victories at Brighton against their U-23s and MK Dons at Rodney Parade. Leicester won all three group matches, one via penalties, followed by victories at Doncaster and Tranmere. From participating in the competition and their one group win over Cheltenham, County gained £30,000.
Victory over Leicester, i understand, will take the clubs winnings to £80,000 whereas they currently stand at £70,000. I wasn't interested in this tournament but now the team have got to the 1/4 finals, i'm hoping Flynn fields his best available. Goalkeeper Rhys Davies may feature for Leicester who joined them from County as a youth in 2017.

Some of the players who've had connections with both Newport County and Leicester City:
Len Staples
Gary Plumley
Alan Waddle
Nathan Blake
Harry Worley
Rhys Davies

Re: Grandstand - Leicester City U21

Exile 1976 wrote:We played , and beat , at home a Leicester side containing Premier League winners and experienced pro’s so we shouldn’t be worrying what side they’ll put out, if we put a strong side out we stand a very good chance of progressing.
Damn right. Freezing cold midweek January night on our crap pitch v Leicester kids. Won’t have a better chance of getting into the semi-finals.