Re: Yesterdays Ref

UPTHEPORT wrote:A very good performance well done sir
Personally thought he was too easily fooled by players initiating contact by the opposition and diving to the floor in order to gain a free kick. Both sides were guilty and I thought Labadie was particularly adept at the 'art' second half.

UPTHEPORT wrote:A very good performance well done sir
I was a bit worried early on that he was letting a few things go but in fairness he controlled the game well from then on and got all the main stuff right, he was spot on and decisive on contentious throw-ins etc as well. Good performance I agree.

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again! When we win the referee is great. When we lose he's bent / blind / biased (**delete as appropriate).

Face it! All the referees are not the best. That's why they are reffing us, not in the Premiership! But they're also far from the worst. They get most things right every week but not everything because they're human. Sometimes I think we'd all enjoy the match much more if we just remembered that.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Robster wrote:He didn't see Demetro getting an elbow in the head second half.
Nore me
I did.

Straight Red.

Smack in front of the lino (Hazel) who again was shit.
All kicked off and he walked away from the chaos.

daftasfxxx wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Nore me
I did right in front of me, lino about 10 yards away missed it also
Yet strangely I was sat probably about 70 yards in the bisley, and could clearly see a Swindon player leading with his elbow into an aerial challenge connect with a County player?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Nore me
I did right in front of me, lino about 10 yards away missed it also
Yet strangely I was sat probably about 70 yards in the bisley, and could clearly see a Swindon player leading with his elbow into an aerial challenge connect with a County player?
Tbh being close sometimes is a disadvantage imho. If you’re following the ball closely sometimes these incidents are indeed “ off the ball. “ so missed. Having said that, that’s what the diagonal plan is supposed to help with, one of them should have seen it.