Re: Wellens

supporter wrote:I just think MF is honest and says it as it is, I don't see how that can be interpreted as a lack of integrity.

As I've said elsewhere Westley rarely criticised the players publicly but privately was a bully.

I also believe MF is fundamentally honest and speaks from the heart, but if you accept a job which comes with a degree of responsibility sometimes for the sake of the team you have to keep some of your emotions in check. Public criticism of your own players and, if true, swapping expletives with your own supporters is in my opinion not befitting of someone holding the post he does. That is how I see it as a lack of integrity.
That said I think it is far preferable to the sour grapes, lack of magnanimity nonsense I often hear spouted by the majority of managers defeated by the County.
Like it or not managers are well paid to take the ultimate responsibility for their teams performances. I believe that to be integral to the job.

In fairness he does praise as well and for me he's a realist, ie he's said we've been improving and there have been positive signs for a few weeks which is correct.

I've always preferred the straight talkers because you know exactly where you stand with them and usually they're the types who will let you have your say as well. For me that creates a healthier environment in the long term but that is just my opinion.

supporter wrote:In fairness he does praise as well and for me he's a realist, ie he's said we've been improving and there have been positive signs for a few weeks which is correct.

I've always preferred the straight talkers because you know exactly where you stand with them and usually they're the types who will let you have your say as well. For me that creates a healthier environment in the long term but that is just my opinion.
I think you may be missing my point. I am not having a go at Flynn. What I am saying is that Newport County supporters are exactly the same as every other teams supporters. Every opposition team kicks the sh!te out of us and goes over at the slightest touch, And weak/biased referees get taken in. Unlike the gallant Newport chaps who play the game with a Corinthian spirit. Likewise opposition managers have all been to excuse school and are never to blame for anything. They also go on undignified rants. County managers meanwhile never rant, they are honest fellows who speak their mind.

News alert. Newport people are just the same as everyone else.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
supporter wrote:In fairness he does praise as well and for me he's a realist, ie he's said we've been improving and there have been positive signs for a few weeks which is correct.

I think you may be missing my point. I am not having a go at Flynn. What I am saying is that Newport County supporters are exactly the same as every other teams supporters. Every opposition team kicks the sh!te out of us and goes over at the slightest touch, And weak/biased referees get taken in. Unlike the gallant Newport chaps who play the game with a Corinthian spirit. Likewise opposition managers have all been to excuse school and are never to blame for anything. They also go on undignified rants. County managers meanwhile never rant, they are honest fellows who speak their mind.

Someone recently said, 'if you are going to make a point make it. This use of the word people is tiresome. If you wish to be critical of people or their views at least name them. That way they can respond'.

Off you go then...

Stan I agree that a lot of fans will moan if things go wrong and like all clubs we have that element, I don't moan because that's not my nature.

One thing I'd say is MF doesn't look for excuses if we lose, if there's been bad decisions against us he will stand our corner but he won't do a "Wellens" and blame the pitch etc, for me this honest approach is better in the long term.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Honestly can't say I've ever read such bile on this forum as I have read on the Swindon one following a defeat.
Swindon supporters blaming the ref, pitch, hoofball, their injuries, our massive strikers, time wasting,anybody or anything rather than their team and manager inability to deal with the way we play.
Not one on there held their hands up and said we deserved the points.

I think Saturday was possibly our best performance of the season because I think Swindon at the moment are the best side in the division.

To play at the intensity we played Saturday was impressive because had we switched off they would've punished us.

There's nothing to fear in this division from our perspective.

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Someone recently said, 'if you are going to make a point make it. This use of the word people is tiresome. If you wish to be critical of people or their views at least name them. That way they can respond'.

Off you go then...
I wasn't being critical of anyone. I was expressing the view that we all tend to have a myopic when viewing Newport County. Thus Newport people are like everyone else.

However I find your contributions, for the most part confrontational for no apparent purpose. I don't think anyone reading them could fail to be lessoned by their mind boggling crassness. We are all poorer for such stupidity.

And I would name you Fourthousand but for the fact, for which I am truly grateful, that I don't have the slightest clue who you are. :grin:

In many respects we are of the same opinion.