Re: Grandstand - Swindon at a muddy Rodney Parade

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Pity that the likes of Collins and Jefferies have been pushed out of the squad also Howkins as none have put a foot wrong.
Nurse was unlucky also as he has been superb recently.
Amond to come back also
Think Polleon was just a bad signing, it does happen.
Azeez and Leadbitter got no chance when fit of playing either.
Flynny has some choices now.
It was a safe bet that Collins and Jeffries would drop out unfortunately.We can afford to take time over Howkins with 4 other options available.We played a back three so Nurse wouldn't fit in as one of the three CM players.The good thing is there is now serious competition for places.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Pity that the likes of Collins and Jefferies have been pushed out of the squad also Howkins as none have put a foot wrong.
Nurse was unlucky also as he has been superb recently.
Amond to come back also
Think Polleon was just a bad signing, it does happen.
Azeez and Leadbitter got no chance when fit of playing either.
Flynny has some choices now.
Maybe Collins, Jeffries, Nurse, Willmot, Howkins and possibly Amond will get game time Tues. Also suspect with 23 games at least in 13 weeks, isn't it? we will need to call on all the squad.
Flynn said that he won't risk Amond on Tuesday during his post match interview. Injured himself taking his boots off apparently.

Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:A squad of 26 is too big.We need to get Poleon out on loan,get Azeez and Leadbitter fit so as to loan them out also.Even then 23 is large yet Flynny talks of wanting one or two more.I would rather see Collins getting a chance.Jeffries has looked promising so has Woodiwiss,give these lads a crack first.
Who would you drop to accommodate these 3 teenagers ?
I would prefer these three to get a chance instead of signing journeyman just to have numbers.Jeffries and Woodiwiss are academy players with potential and a decision will have to be made soon regarding contracts.Give them a chance to earn a contract over journeymen making up the numbers.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:A squad of 26 is too big.We need to get Poleon out on loan,get Azeez and Leadbitter fit so as to loan them out also.Even then 23 is large yet Flynny talks of wanting one or two more.I would rather see Collins getting a chance.Jeffries has looked promising so has Woodiwiss,give these lads a crack first.
Who would you drop to accommodate these 3 teenagers ?
I would prefer these three to get a chance instead of signing journeyman just to have numbers.Jeffries and Woodiwiss are academy players with potential and a decision will have to be made soon regarding contracts.Give them a chance to earn a contract over journeymen making up the numbers.

You’re one of Flynn’s biggest critics and undoubtedly you’d continue to criticise if these players weren’t quite up to it.

I’ll ask again though , who would you drop to accommodate these teenagers?

Howkins , Innis , Demetriou or O’Brien for 17 year old Woodiwiss
Amond , Matt , Abraham’s or Green for 18 year old Collins
Labadie , Wilmott , Sheehan or Baker for 17 year old Jeffries

That's the thing, play youngsters, possibly go on a losing run and the knives will be soon be out once again, but this time Flynn will have handed his detractors the opportunity on a plate. (There are already many on here who think we should be doing so much better than we are).

People come out with ' do this, do that' but it's always one dimensional, there are no repucussions and no accountability......but then of course there isn't when it's not real life , not your lifelihood nor your future career.