Re: The wearing of County scarf

Good Evening Norm

On a similar note, our car has a County car sticker on the back window, many times it has prompted a comment from strangers. Unfortunately mrs_in_npton drives it in the week and has to do the explanations!
Also when any tradesmen visit the house they always get their tea in a County mug, some notice and comment others not at all!
Also my son always wears his County top when he plays five a side once a week, and his County polo or hoodie when out with his mates.

We are all flying the County flag in one way or another in the suburbs of Newport!

Phil in Npton

I've been known to go to Tesco in Hedge End in my AMBER County home shirt this season (as it's more of a fashion item without the ad and with the loud print), not a single soul has said anything yet.

Barely get a look on our awaydays at the station either, we're just a cosmopolitan lot on the sunny south coast. :lol:

Reading this thread has just brought back some memories of a few years ago. Does anyone remember the saga of the County beach towels of (probably) 2016?

I remember that they were having difficulty getting the stock but were taking orders at the time. I think they were going for about £15. I as going abroad on holiday a few months later and was looking forward to using it. I paid my online deposit of £5 but never did get around to picking it up for some reason :grin: Cannot remember why. Did they arrive? Are they still available? Don't really care about the fiver - it's gone to a good cause.

pembsexile wrote:Reading this thread has just brought back some memories of a few years ago. Does anyone remember the saga of the County beach towels of (probably) 2016?

I remember that they were having difficulty getting the stock but were taking orders at the time. I think they were going for about £15. I as going abroad on holiday a few months later and was looking forward to using it. I paid my online deposit of £5 but never did get around to picking it up for some reason :grin: Cannot remember why. Did they arrive? Are they still available? Don't really care about the fiver - it's gone to a good cause.
They sold out of those but,there are a black or Amber beach towel available now.

pembsexile wrote:Reading this thread has just brought back some memories of a few years ago. Does anyone remember the saga of the County beach towels of (probably) 2016?

They were very poor quality. Mine survived a trip down the Dalmatian coast but not much else...