Re: Grandstandintertwobobjohnstonespaintdaftrucksherpavans T

neilcork68 wrote:The Leasing.com Trophy Round Two Draw will take place on Saturday 16 November, live on Sky Sports’ Soccer Saturday from 2pm.

Hosted by Sky Sports presenter Julian Waters, former Crystal Palace forward Clinton Morrison and ex-England midfielder Sue Smith, will be on hand to draw the teams out.

The group stage of the competition, featuring 64 Clubs competing within 16 groups, is due to conclude later this week, with a full fixture list on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 November confirming the remaining names in the hat for Round Two.

Thirty-two Clubs are involved in Round Two of the competition with the draw split into Northern and Southern sections.

The winner of each group will be drawn at home and will play a runner-up of a group from the same region, but not from the same group they competed in from Round One.

Thats from the FA page

The winner of each group will be drawn at home and will play a runner-up of a group from the same region, but not from the same group they competed in from Round One.
I need one of you anoraks to explain the practicalities of executing the draw.

Let's take the southern region as an example.

2 bags, one with 8 group winners, one with 8 runners-up.

7 fixtures are drawn out.

The 8th draw is Exeter v Newport. That's not allowed. Re-draw.

Is that even a risk or have the organisers of this exemplorary tournament thought of a way around it?

The competition has grown on me, although I confess I haven't been to a game in it. I like the idea of a separate discipline system (but not for the FA Cup) and it's a competitive outlet for fringe players. Premier League U21s are arguably more interesting than playing only familiar regional EFL teams in the old format.

Who knows, maybe the hat-trick will see Maloney grow in confidence and kick on?