Re: Gareth Thomas

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Out of interest mods, why is this not in the ‘everything else’ section?
Very good question. To relate it to football I would ask the following 2 questions.
Why has no high profile male footballer felt able to 'come out?'
Is the main reason the inevitable unwanted and adverse media attention or the homophobic abuse he would get from football crowds, or both?
Sorry but you got that wrong
The late talented Justin Fashanu did do just that.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Out of interest mods, why is this not in the ‘everything else’ section?
Very good question. To relate it to football I would ask the following 2 questions.
Why has no high profile male footballer felt able to 'come out?'
Is the main reason the inevitable unwanted and adverse media attention or the homophobic abuse he would get from football crowds, or both?
Sorry but you got that wrong
The late talented Justin Fashanu did do just that.
Apologies just noted already been stated.

Cheers.

That's an easy one Exile.

See my original thread

So far 1135 hits on it and 31 replies.

If it was in Everything else would be 30 hits and 3 or 4 replies.

Clearly of interest to Contributors.

When its died down by all means move it over

Cheers

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
That's an easy one Exile.

See my original thread

So far 1135 hits on it and 31 replies.

If it was in Everything else would be 30 hits and 3 or 4 replies.

Clearly of interest to Contributors.

When its died down by all means move it over

Cheers

Yes it’s had hits and replies but it’s not Newport County or football related.

Mrp wrote:He is being treated like he some hero the bloke was sleeping around with men an caught a disease I know it sounds harsh but the truth the lesson shldnt be living with HIV but not getting it in first place

I don't regard him as a hero because he has admitted to having HIV, and accept the best thing is not to catch it in the first place, but his programme has taught me a lessons about the advances in the medical treatment of the virus and dispels some myths I still had about its contagion.

Mrp wrote:He is being treated like he some hero the bloke was sleeping around with men an caught a disease I know it sounds harsh but the truth the lesson shldnt be living with HIV but not getting it in first place
He’s not the first person to have unprotected sex and certainly won’t be the last. The fact he had to contact his ex partners to make them aware of his illness indicates that it was consensual sex, which isn’t a crime.

Mrp wrote:Partners implies more than 1 which means 1 man's actions could affect many people I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for the man

Got to agree with you there.
If you sleep around without 'protection' then every time you do you taking a chance. He did and has to face the consequences as does everyone else who has caught an STD.
Feel sorry for the guy but lets not 'hero worship' him for coming out and saying he has the disease because of his actions

neilcork68 wrote:
Mrp wrote:Partners implies more than 1 which means 1 man's actions could affect many people I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for the man

If you sleep around without 'protection' then every time you do you taking a chance. He did and has to face the consequences as does everyone else who has caught an STD.
Feel sorry for the guy but lets not 'hero worship' him for coming out and saying he has the disease because of his actions
Totally agree. HIV is still an issue in the Gay community obviously. Ps did anyone see him as a rugby pundit on ITV today? His speech sounded slurred. Has he lost teeth due to HIV? I doubt it, but he definitely didn’t sound right.

Dogger wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Totally agree. HIV is still an issue in the Gay community obviously. Ps did anyone see him as a rugby pundit on ITV today? His speech sounded slurred. Has he lost teeth due to HIV? I doubt it, but he definitely didn’t sound right.
You saying Gareth Thomas was on the tele , AGAIN ??? No way ?? :roll: