Re: Flynn to Mansfield ?

Ive always thought Flynny would be managing one of the bigger league two clubs by xmas this season but after the Lincoln approach it doesn't make sense for him to even entertain an offer from league two clubs right now. Its public knowledge now that he will talk to clubs so if you are a league one side that needs a manager you are going to have a sniff around him. I still don't believe he will be at county at xmas but I believe he will be at the next league one club that offers for him.

Fair play to the club if they do extend his contract because they will protect our pay off then. Even the BBC mentioned that his current clause isn't that high.

Just wish the media wouldn't use words like commit when someone signs a contract especially at this level because he could be gone tomorrow even if he does sign a new contract.

Re: Flynn to Mansfield ?

I am all for extending Flynny's contract,this would give us more scope for compensation.It would also show that Flynny is committed to his words and give him protection against the sack.This of course is as unlikely as Klopp or Pep being dismissed but it's there just the same.What I would be against is another pay rise for him.He has already had a few and is allegedly highly paid for L2 and maybe manoeuvres a knee jerk reaction from the board when clubs show interest.Unfortunately,he would expect a rise with an extension but should show the way by allowing that cash to go into the players budget instead.