Re: Flynn to Mansfield ?

The Salamander wrote:Wow. Are you for real, Neil?

What's the appeal of Mansfield? History...what history?

Near the top of the league for the last two/ three years...cheated for a promotion spot by Bury breaking the rules last year and spending money they didnt have
A budget two , maybe three times ours

neilcork68 wrote:
The Salamander wrote:Wow. Are you for real, Neil?

What's the appeal of Mansfield? History...what history?

Near the top of the league for the last two/ three years...cheated for a promotion spot by Bury breaking the rules last year and spending money they didnt have
A budget two , maybe three times ours

Is that the history part then?

Negatives

Too much expectation from a team that is probably at their level. Can you see Mansfield in the championship?

A chairman that regularly wields the axe, he could be out of a job by the end of the season if he didn't make play offs.

Location...

Flynn is being touted by league one clubs, why not wait for another one of those. Mansfield a lateral step, if not a step backwards.

Neil may be onto something, I just picked this comment up from the Lincoln message board.

‘just had conversation with work colleague whose son is part of Mansfield's academy. It was Mansfield who approached Exeter as they are moving Dempster back to youth team as he is out of his depth. Nothing to do with Lincoln. Regardless of their defeat, Radford was looking for replacement before tonight's game and Taylor was first choice.’

Ironsider wrote:Ridiculous post

Will you be man enough to apologise if it becomes a reality ?

Love them or hate them they are a much bigger draw at our level with their budget and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if offered the job he was on the M5 northbound straightaway.
How some think taking that job would be a backwards step is beyond me just because they have started the season poorly.

And yes I am enjoying the fact that they are struggling because I loathe them because of the way they have played against us over the years,Cheating , diving ,moaning and overpaid prima donnas

neilcork68 wrote:

Love them or hate them they are a much bigger draw at our level with their budget and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if offered the job he was on the M5 northbound straightaway.
How some think taking that job would be a backwards step is beyond me just because they have started the season poorly.

And yes I am enjoying the fact that they are struggling because I loathe them because of the way they have played against us over the years,Cheating , diving ,moaning and overpaid prima donnas
By all means.

It isn't going to happen though, so no.

Ironsider wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

By all means.

It isn't going to happen though, so no.

I suspect you're right. After all if after agreeing terms with Lincoln City and compensation for Newport County the deal was scuppered by Mrs Flynn putting her foot down and refusing to up sticks again to move to Lincolnshire, I doubt she'd suddenly change her mind and move to Mansfield.

Believe me I've been to both and Lincoln is a much nicer place to live than Mansfield.

:wink: